Truth on Elite Drivo BLUETOOTH AND ANT+ simultaneously

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

sebrios

Truth on Elite Drivo BLUETOOTH AND ANT+ simultaneously

Postby sebrios » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Could we please have some real information for this?

before I bought the trainer, I knew this was important.. but I read in this forum, a new firmware was comming out to solve this issue.

So I decided to go ahead and buy the trainner... Now I feel I got robbed, because I was promised something, and there has been like 1 year of delay on this subject.

I (we, for sure) would like to know if we are, indeed, getting support or if you just decided to promise something to get customers, and never respond.

Im sorry to tell, but what you're doing is so disrespectful with your customers....

Elite Admin S

Re: Truth on Elite Drivo BLUETOOTH AND ANT+ simultaneously

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:54 am

Hi sebrios

Man... you have touched a nerve.

We thought the Upgrado app (that allows users to upgrade their firmware) would have been ready in the beginning on this year.
But you already know this part.

We had some problem with it, as it didn't work properly with all the type of trainers.
As you can easily understand, a wrong firmware writing may cause a lot of trouble (if something goes wrong, you could end up with an empty firmware, that means that you cannot "try it again"). So, we had to improve the app and especially extend the beta test.

What I can tell now is that the app is ready and we're finishing the tests.
We will release it in late autumn.

We do understand your frustration and we're really sorry for the delay.

marcoromag

Postby marcoromag » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 pm

this is really interesting... I spoke with the support and they said there is no firmware planned. So what is the truth?

sebrios

Postby sebrios » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 pm

I've been talking to them directly, I can confirm they do are working on it.
I was so annoying that they even showed me the work in progress ;)

Problem is, that when you use the app for the pedal analysis, and use other software (via ant+) with ERG mode, the trainner becomes crazy, and can damage it.

They have the firmware ready for dual connection... but its basically asking for trouble.

They said by October they have all those issues solved! ;)

Janie375

Postby Janie375 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:06 pm

I have drivo II. I think if wahoo would let other trainers apps control the climb you could use it on drivo. My front wheel can go up down freely without interference from the rear side. And I have no problems with responsivnes. Works like a charm.

flimps

Postby flimps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:04 pm

A year has gone by and looks they have not fixed it.
My drivo reads 10-15 watts above any other powermeter.

They said the difference lies on that the powermeters reading on the pedals or cranks, chain dispersion, etc. The reality is wahoo provides same reading as pedal and cranks powermeters while drivo does not.

The problem lies in their BLE connection. Either they dont want to say they know this or acknowledge.

Returning my drivo this saturday. End of story

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”