Drivo temperature range

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

aitorm78

Drivo temperature range

Postby aitorm78 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Hello, I am a user of an Elite Drivo for several months. Until now I used it in a normal room, but I decided to move it to a totally closed balcony because it is more ventilated. I would like to know at what range of maximum and minimum temperatures can be stored and used the Drivo, because although the balcony is totally closed and therefore protected from rain and the elements, in winter there are times that the temperature in that area of the house is below zero degrees, so I would like to know if there is a risk that the trainer will be damaged by these low temperatures. Thanks and best regards.

Elite Admin S

Re: Drivo temperature range

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 30, 2018 8:40 am

Hi

Good question :geek:

The trainer can be stored without any problem in cold places. The components of the electronic board support a good range of temperature (both low and high), so they won't be damaged by a low temperature.

Things get different if you use it in a cold room.
The problem is not the low temperature. The problem is humidity.
If you use the trainer in a very cold room, after some time the trainer will warm up and - If there is humidity - water condensation can occur inside.
This situation may damage the board.

aitorm78

Postby aitorm78 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Is there any solution to avoid those condensation problems in a cold room? Would it help to use a fan facing the trainer or leave a window half open?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 am

It's really very hard to evaluate a situation with so many variables.
The only solution is to check the room humidity and eventually use a dehumidifier to keep the humidity at low level (If it is at max 40%, there won't be any problem).

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”