Terrible sound from my drivo

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

lijian.hughes

Re: Terrible sound from my drivo

Postby lijian.hughes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am

Hi,

I've had the exact same noise as shown in the video posted in this thread.

I've watched the video showing how to grease it, but I still have 2 questions -

1. Is lack of grease the root cause of such noise? Are we very sure that it is not the belt getting excessively worn off?
2. Is it going to affect the service life of the trainer if I decide to live with the noise?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am

Hi

You can leave with it, the belt won't be damaged if you don't add grease.
But I cannot be completely sure that the noise you hear is due to this (usually it is so, but I cannot assure it).
So, my suggestion is to add some grease - then, if the noise disappear, you will be 100% sure that the belt is ok ;)

dnservis@otenet.gr

Postby dnservis@otenet.gr » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:33 am

amealjf wrote:I corrected the noise by simply cleaning the straps with a hair dryer. I did not use grease.

You mean strap = belt? I suspect that my recent noise issues are related to moisture in the belt/brake/magnet whatever system, as it is so irreguler. I am still looking into it....

jdemaioribus

Postby jdemaioribus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:48 pm

I am getting a squeaking noise from my Kura that is most pronounced on the down stroke. Is that also a greasing issue. The sound is like a bird chirping.

csabavermes

Postby csabavermes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 pm

same noise from my drivo, 400km only, it was a bit noisy brand new. saw the video, removed the plastic "window", I used vasoline from the pharmacy, lubricated the toothed belt between each theeth one by one and the right side, small amount using a small paint brush. it took me 10 minutes. now it is silent. worth the effort.

kspaar66

Postby kspaar66 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:26 pm

I've another unexpected noise from my new (3month) Drivo II. The plastic body is creaking.
See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s77k4WHmC_M.

Where is it coming from and how can this be fixed?

sergey.maximenko

Postby sergey.maximenko » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Had the same squeaking noise from my Drivo after only a few hundred km's on it! I wasn't writing on the forum, just googled recommendations to grease the belt and followed it using vaseline and screwdriver do deliver it to the belt.
Those 'rare issues' affecting Elite hometrainers aren't rare at all. Why my Drivo had left manufacture process with this belt being completely dry? Flagship hometrainer shouldn't squeak after 40h of use.
Elite admins clearly wants each and every customer to write that their equipment have poor quality control so they finally stop claiming that only a few minority of their customers are affected by the defects.

salicea

Postby salicea » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:11 pm

My Suito Elite has developed a knocking sound after only 4 rides for a total time of 3.5 hours. I checked the cassette for looseness (it’s fine) and considered opening the unit up but thought better to contact Elite. It’s my first smart trainer and was very excited about training on it during the winter. Aside from the knocking at higher, low torque rpm, it’s everything I need in a smart trainer.

peterbikeslc

Postby peterbikeslc » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:34 pm

I have had my suito for about 6 weeks. A few weeks ago, similar issue with my unit. Makes a 'whomp...whomp...whomp' sound. It's not as bad as some of the owners that have posted a youtube video with the loud 'knocking' sound. My understanding is that was some of the original production units right after Suito was released. Thought I would check for updates on the forum before contacting product support.

juhalehtinen

Postby juhalehtinen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Here is little bit of my experience, hope it helps someone if it occurs. My Drivo2 keep some creaking noise and i though it was a tooth belt what needed some grease, well it wasn't. It was a groovy belt what was only little bit dirty, noise vanished when i clean it with a soft paper.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”