Drivo + Zwift + Bluetooth = Problems

Moderators: Elite Admin S, Elite Admin M

trazor

Drivo + Zwift + Bluetooth = Problems

Postby trazor » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 am

So, I have a few KMs on my Drivo and Bluetooth is my preferred connection method. I do have a computer and an ANT+ dongle, but this is more work than just hooking up my iPad.

Problem is, when using iPad\Bluetooth with my Drivo, doesnt act like you'd expect. When giving max effort on flats, I actually run out of gears and my cadence increases, instead of the resistance. So when i get to about 400w, it lets me spin away, almost like an ERG mode (Which is disabled). This is devastation in for example a race, not beeing able to keep up with the pack at the start.
On hills, the resistance becomes unbearable when tipping 9%. Only gearing down helps a little, and bear in mind this is with trainer difficulty set to 50%. The Kickr Snap i "upgraded" from was totally different, at most i had to gear up or down one cog on the rear casette. Now i have to change both front and rear gears to be able to have a sensible ride. All most as if trainer difficulty was set to 100%.

Please fix this, this Drivo was supposed to be an upgrade but right now its more of an annoyance, and I'm regretting that I sold my Kickr Snap.

Elite Admin S

Re: Drivo + Zwift + Bluetooth = Problems

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi

If you use the ant+ the problem is not present, correct?
Also, if you use our app or software, you won't have the same issue, right?

I think It's due on how Zwift control the resistance in bluetooth. Some time ago, they didn't consider speed in their calculation. I know they were working on this and made some modify to their software, but I don't know the details. Contact their customer care, they will explain it to you.

Regards

trazor

Postby trazor » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Ok, so you are 100% certain that the fault is in Zwifts software, and not your side?

sebrios

Postby sebrios » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Trazor, easiest thing to do, is try an other software to make sure...
there are Tonz of free apps just to try this specific issue... here's a guide
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/11/tra ... guide.html

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:49 am

Trazor,

of course you have to check first if you have the same problem using our my e-training app/software (as I've told you) ;)
It's not exactly an "issue", it's a different way to manage the resistance (in bluetooth). The protocol is the same, but how you command the trainer may be different. But if you want to have a good simulation, weight and speed must be considered.

mgfjd

Postby mgfjd » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 pm

The trainer works fine with the elite app in bluetooth mode. Zwift has the same issues with other trainers in bluetooth mode as well.

sichaelmullivan

Postby sichaelmullivan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 am

Hi,

I've got the exact same problem with my Drivo. On Zwift, using Bluetooth on Apple TV...any way to fix this yet?

Thanks

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”