Drivo Erg Mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Elite Admin S

Re: Drivo Erg Mode

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon May 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Please try to decrease the value. Set it at 1.
Let me know if the situation improves or not

Regards

chris.shaws

Postby chris.shaws » Wed May 06, 2020 1:02 am

Stephen - your Garmin file really does like the sort of annoying Ant+ drop out I used to get due to wifi interference. Have you tried with a wifi dongle close to the Drivo lights? Have you tried testing it whilst your Wifi Router is turned off?

stephen.r.gunn

Postby stephen.r.gunn » Sun May 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying to this. I'm not using ERG mode at present, I'm doing 3 week's worth of Giro segments on RGT Cycling. I've reduced the smoothing value so will report back once I get a chance to do another ERG session.

nomadicbry

Postby nomadicbry » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

My Drivo has become virtually unusable. I've been following a training program on TrainerRoad and was scheduled to do a ramp test today.
When I tried to start the session the power went from 50w to 500w while cadence spiralled lower and lower. I couldn't actually get the pedals to turn while waiting for it to reduce resistance to the correct level, around 120w.

I usually connect using a Macbook and bluetooth as my heart rate monitor uses the ANT+ dongle

I tried to calibrate following the instructions ie ride for 10 mins then do and this has made no difference. I even set the wheel circumference back to the default of 2060 (i usually have it set to 800 as it gives a better representation of distance in strava when using TR)

I'm now at an absolute loss what to do. As i use the drivo 3-4 times per week this is a real inconvenience. As the warranty is still valid, it's less than 2 years old, what are my options or is there a fix for this problem?

Regards,
Bryan

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Hi nomadicbry

Do you have the same problem if you use my e-training?

Try with this procedure:
- power off all the other devices that can interfere with the trainer (Garmin or Wahoo devices, other smartphone...)
- run my e-training
- start a level mode training (available without subscription) and check if power and speed are correct; this will also overwrite the circumference value in the trainer board
- exit from my e-training
- run again TrainerRoad

If the problem persists, contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com

simondawe

Postby simondawe » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Drivo 2 and have been suffering with the same slow performance in ERG mode. Using zwift it takes around 10seconds to reach the target power. I have followed all of the tips i can find in here (ANT+ on long USB cable, small ring at the front). I have also checked the firmware with the upgrado app.

Is there a firmware upgrade planned to fix this?

Thanks

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:30 am

Hi

We have the possibility to increase speed of the Drivo.
But as we already explained in other similar posts, the more you increase the speed, the more "harsh" will be the change of slope/power.
This doesn't allow to adapt the pedaling to the new slope/power level.

If you still think that an increase of the motor speed will fit better your type of training, you can write to us at myetraining@elite-it.com and we will give you a file to install using Upgrado app.

Regards

thekaptone

Postby thekaptone » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:37 am

I have just read this entire thread and am somewhat disappointed. I have had my Drivo 2 for there data and have not completed a survey seating without issues. First of all I can't get the unit to connect to the Etraining app and have to do it Everytime I open the app. It always asks for ant+ when I want to use BT. When I use Kinomapp the unit locks up and I can't pedal at all. That's before I even choose a map to ride. When I rode a map each hill became so high resistant that I couldn't pedal and had to stop to let the machine reset itself

Also have to mention that when setting up for the first time and choosing my machine via the app it says start pedaling and update in process. I was orgasming for 2)15 minutes and nothing happened. Went to next screen and it said confirmed setup

I am going to delete all the apps and start again as new otherwise this machine is going back. It's not good given how much I paid for this.

thekaptone

Postby thekaptone » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:04 am

came home from work decided to have another go at setting the Drivo2 up again.
I removed the app from my phone did a restart and installed again, pedalled for 10 minutes and then ran the setup, the App found my drivo quickly and then connected well. I rang the configuration tool and that was a success. I also changed smoothness to 10. Tried the upgrado tool but it said my unit was all up to date.

next i opened Kinomap and as per before while the app was on the home page the pedals got too hard to push with the machine making noise as it changes. Everytime i tried to pedal it ground to a holt. Tried to do the box hill workout on Kinomap as done before and as soon as i start it makes the resistance go through the roof so i can pedal. I have to stop pedalling again until it backs off but bites again making me stop.

any help would be great especially from Elite themselves, dont want to go through sending it back but given this is my first smart trainer i am feeling let down

thomasifan

Postby thomasifan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Hi there, We have an Elite Drivo and are having two issues when using it in ERG mode on Zwift. Firstly, during a workout, it increases the resistance to such a degree that I can hardly turn the pedals and therefore have to completely stop the session. Also, again in ERG mode during a workout, it doesn't automatically stay at the required power as it should, and I'm therefore having to increase or decrease my cadence to try and get the required power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”