Drivo Erg Mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

adrian.matka123

Re: Drivo Erg Mode

Postby adrian.matka123 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Elite, are you gonna do something with all these reports? Any upgrade? Really I have to buy other brand? Spent 1100 euro and I have problem with top end of elite trainer...

lellinoaereoplanino

Postby lellinoaereoplanino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:34 pm

HO FATTO 1 ALLENAMENTO CON ZWIFT,GESTITO NON DAL GARMIN QUINDI ) E DOPO 30' DI PEDALATA , QUANDO IL RULLO DOVEVA CAMBIARE LA RESISTENZA NON L'HA FATTO E DOPO 40 " MI SON DOVUTO FERMARE NELLA PEDALATA PER FAR SCENDERE LA RESISTENZA E REINIZIARE L'ALLENAMENTO

DOPO AVER SPESO 1150 EURO SONO 1 PO DELUSO, CON GLI ALTRI TRAINER DI ALTRE MARCHE E PIU' ECONOMICI I MIEI AMICI NON HAN DI QUESTI PROBLEMI !!!

anthill

Postby anthill » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:26 pm

When riding on bluetooth a slope of around 10% is far too easy. When using the Ant+ sensor its the opposite, almost impossible to push the pedals round. So much so my crank has broken!! No point me keeping my drivo any longer. I can't ride my bike until my crank is fixed! :(

IMG_20181125_193646.jpg
IMG_20181125_193646.jpg (237.46 KiB) Viewed 10784 times

Pato

Postby Pato » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Just want to say that I've tried different experiments on ERG intervals over the last days with Zwift, Sufferfest and MyEtraining and they are result in a very delayed resistance. The intervals were 30secs each 130-250w at a fix 90 rpm.
MyETraining: tried with the app in my smartphone, using Bluetooth and ANT+ and the delay is quite steady in the 10sec.
Zwift: 10 sec delay with ANT+ (double shielded cable next to the Drivo II), 10 sec delay with ANT+ attached to the PC at 1,5m away, 15-30 second delay using the combination of Zwift companion (bluetooth) & PC
Sufferfest: Same 10sec delay in ANT+

Elite, is there anyway you can solve this. It is not acceptable for a trainer at this price range.
It's nice to have a progressive resistance when free riding in zwift or replicating GPS tracks but when doing intervals the power change should not take more than 2-4 seconds. Lower range smart trainers can do this, how come it seems impossible to do so in Drivo II?

Just wanted to add that when using myEtraining app in manual mode, that is selecting the wattage output manually, it seems to adjust the resistance instantly, no matter how big the gap is from the previous value, however this does not happen in ERG in the same app so that makes me think it's the way Drivo II programmed. I really hope a firmware update gets out soon, else my next trainer will not be an Elite.
Last edited by Pato on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pato

Postby Pato » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:43 pm

lellinoaereoplanino wrote:HO FATTO 1 ALLENAMENTO CON ZWIFT,GESTITO NON DAL GARMIN QUINDI ) E DOPO 30' DI PEDALATA , QUANDO IL RULLO DOVEVA CAMBIARE LA RESISTENZA NON L'HA FATTO E DOPO 40 " MI SON DOVUTO FERMARE NELLA PEDALATA PER FAR SCENDERE LA RESISTENZA E REINIZIARE L'ALLENAMENTO

DOPO AVER SPESO 1150 EURO SONO 1 PO DELUSO, CON GLI ALTRI TRAINER DI ALTRE MARCHE E PIU' ECONOMICI I MIEI AMICI NON HAN DI QUESTI PROBLEMI !!!

Questo è un problema con Zwift se usi Bluetooth/ Zwift companion, almeno a me è capitato testando questi giorni. Se uso Zwift con ANT+ la resistenza si aggiorna con un ritardo di 10 secondi ca. Non che sia normale ma è sempre meglio dei 30+ secondi e cmq confermo che il mio vecchio trainer con Zwift era molto più veloce.
La cosa strana è che usando MyEtraining app in modalità manuale, e quindi se modifico i Watt di resistenza manualmente, questi succedono all'istante mentre che lavorando in intervali ci passa una vita.

lellinoaereoplanino

Postby lellinoaereoplanino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:10 pm

ciao
zwift lo uso da app , col cellulare quindi connesso con BT
nei giri normali la resistenza cambia velocemente, ma negli allenamenti programmati ha un ritardo troppo fastidioso

anke se gli allenamenti li gestisco dal garmin , quindi collegato ant+ , la cosa non cambia, alla prima ripetuta va bene, ma gia' alla secoda si blocca tutto e devo portare la cadenza a zero per poi poter ricominciare

sono molto deluso !!!

lellinoaereoplanino

Postby lellinoaereoplanino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:19 pm

il mio pensiero è per quando dovro' fare degli scatti da 20"
magari da ripetere 10 volte e con 1 minuto di recuero tra uno scatto ed un altro magari a 50w ( con scatto a 400w )

ke macello !!!

timothylong994

Postby timothylong994 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:25 pm

Like many users that have previous turbo experience and so good operating knowledge, there is something just not right with the Drivo control and Elites support to its users..

I have had mine 1 month, I use on Trainerroad and Zwift.. the effects are the same... this is not third party it is YOUR PRODUCT Elite !

The time it takes to adjust resistance from low to high and back again
The overshoot and the subsequent oscillations effect (this is not pedal related variations in power as often responded by elite)
The fact you can 'feel' the variations in resistance at steady state in ERG mode.
The lack of documentation around using many of the app and pedal analysis features.. just marketing material.
The fact there is still nothing about firmware versions or updates, how these can be done, when will these can be updated (all other companies release regular updates and very simple to do or check which is latest version)
The fact these issues are not limited to the Drivo, but also Direto and Drivo II... check out there threads..

I am just staggered and will avoid anything with elite products in future if this is not resolved by end of the year (elite you have threads going back years on this.. you should be ashamed..!)

Please do something positive and deliver on the promises.. fixing this issue would make this a major player.. at the moment i could never recommend to anyone else..

hzv879

Postby hzv879 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Yes exactly, I concur totally. Upgraded from a kickr snap, wish I kept it :oops:

lellinoaereoplanino

Postby lellinoaereoplanino » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:47 pm

tutti delusi !!!

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”