Drivo Erg Mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Pato

Re: Drivo Erg Mode

Postby Pato » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Another interval training session ruined this morning thanks to Drivo II. I'm really losing it now, to the point it will end up smashed in the ground after falling from the balcony. Where the F is Elite response? There's people here who payed loads of cash and there's no freaking answer for a known problem which now seems to have been hereditated since the Drivo I, which makes me think it will never be solved.
I've already contacted the assistance and provided all the details and the test they asked but there shouldn't be any need for that, just start and interval training in ERG, it's impossible not to realize that it's lagging. C'mon it's that simple. Stop playing around it!

andrews

Postby andrews » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Drivo user here, recently purchased - I have the same problem. Tried to use erg mode in a workout on Zwift today. Basically a waste of time. I’d be at the right target power but resistance just kept increasing. When is this going to be fixed?

imax33

Postby imax33 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:09 pm

stessa situazione,erg in evidente ritardo.....anche io in contatto con l'assistenza che non vuole ammettere l'evidenza. :evil:

andyc.mail

Postby andyc.mail » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:27 am

As another new Drivo owner I'm having the same problem and it seems there's obviously a serious bug in the ERG control part of the firmware. In every Zwift workout I have done the trainer has had at least one issue shifting to higher resistance where it has overshot the watt target but so large an amount I cannot continue pedalling.

I have smoothing set to "10" to give an understandable power output and I wondered if the adjustment was working off this delayed average in thinking that it needs to increase the resistance too much. However, on the odd occasion where I have managed to power through at 400 - 500W for more than the 10s/pedal strokes on these overshoots it hasn't started to drop.

Elite must be aware of this bug and it would seem fixable with a firmware update. It is very frustrating to have switched from a bottom-of-the-range smart trainer to top-of-the-range and for it to give worse performance. My old trainer was faultless in ERG mode.

adrian.matka123

Postby adrian.matka123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Pato wrote:Another interval training session ruined this morning thanks to Drivo II. I'm really losing it now, to the point it will end up smashed in the ground after falling from the balcony. Where the F is Elite response? There's people here who payed loads of cash and there's no freaking answer for a known problem which now seems to have been hereditated since the Drivo I, which makes me think it will never be solved.
I've already contacted the assistance and provided all the details and the test they asked but there shouldn't be any need for that, just start and interval training in ERG, it's impossible not to realize that it's lagging. C'mon it's that simple. Stop playing around it!

I confirm everything what is written here. I paid so much money for the top of elite trainer and have got only problems with that sh.. Make update, do something. Are you serious elite?

andyc.mail

Postby andyc.mail » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 am

Another new user reporting the same issue. I upgraded from a basic smart trainer that handled ERG mode perfectly to this high end smart trainer which has issues on every workout.

It feels like it's an issue with the smoothing presenting a lower reported power than the current instant power when the erg shifts to a higher level and then it gets stuck in feedback or something and locks you at a much higher resistance than needed.

Surely it could be fixed in a firmware upgrade but what's the change of that?

andrews

Postby andrews » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:18 am

I have this same problem with a recently purchased drivo. Erg mode is unusable in workouts on Zwift. Seems to take an age to hit the right target power if at all. Sometimes the resistance goes up and up even when already above the target.
Is this going to be corrected or do I need to return my machine?

andrews

Postby andrews » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 pm

My drivo doesn’t work either. Erg mode on Zwift is a waste of time. Turbo just doesn’t react

andyc.mail

Postby andyc.mail » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Another new Drivo owner getting unusable spikes in power with every ERG training session I try. Surely this is a bug in the firmware. Most of time it works but at least once per session on a low-watts to high-watts transition it massively overshoots and while I maybe can carry on for 5 to 10 seconds of 400~500W power I have to give up pretty soon. What's going on!?

vonviniga

Postby vonviniga » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:00 pm

I am also experiencing this problem. Any workout that requires a large change in power for intervals such as sprints is very difficult. I too had better results using a trainer that cost 75% less...

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”