Elite Drivo Maintenance

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

seboxtc@gmail.com

Re: Elite Drivo Maintenance

Postby seboxtc@gmail.com » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:01 pm

dnservis@otenet.gr

Do you get an answer about your squeak sound problem? Ive got the same sound in my Elite Evo trainer and this sound its very annoying.

dnservis@otenet.gr

Postby dnservis@otenet.gr » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Eventually it was not the trainer, but the derailleur G-pulley (whatever it means by that...)! Elite recommended to do the grease trick, which while softened the operation considerably, did not stop the squeak! I figured out the pulleys, and actually this was the root cause!! My Ultegra derailleur has some 10,000km on it, and never checked the pulleys. While the lower pulley runs on a sealed ball bearing, the upper or G-pulley has a ceramic bushings runs completely dry and was the one squeaking under power or high speed!!! I put a drop of chain lube in the bushing and a bit of grease inside the metallic cups holding together the bushings in the center of pulley. Lastly a drop of lube was added in the metallic thin bushing of the lower derallieur. Now the squeak dissapeard and the drive train runs smoother, as well as the Drivo with the greased belt.

dnservis@otenet.gr

Postby dnservis@otenet.gr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 pm

As I commented in another post, I repeat here: the squeak problem was coming from the derailleur G-pulley (guide pulley, on top) which was not seviced for err... 5 years! I dismantled and put a drop of chain oil in the core and the ride now is softer and totally calm. I suggest to take a look on this overlooked component for noises! No other noises from the trainer!

saladdodger1478

Re: Elite Drivo repairs

Postby saladdodger1478 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:45 am

Hi,
I would just like to post a big thankyou to Elite customer service, for the support I have received over the last month to resolve a connection problem. Following advice to replace my power cord, which was damaged by myself. Follwed by replacement power circuit board and main circuit board replaced under warranty, I am pleased to say I am up and running again.

Happy days

mike.landmann

Postby mike.landmann » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:55 pm

I've found them great too.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”