Drivo and Power Meter Pedals

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

tmcinnes

Drivo and Power Meter Pedals

Postby tmcinnes » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi there trying without success to calibrate my Elite Drivo. I've pedalled for 10 minutes but when I open the E Training app and go to Trainer Calibration, it tells me to keep pedalling ...........then nothing happens, except I get exhausted. Alternatively it tells me to 'keep pedalling and reach 20.5mph' - how do I know I've reached the required speed? The resistance is high for a small, light woman like me, I doubt I can sustain that speed (which is why I need to calibrate the trainer - it is unusable as a smart trainer due to the level of resistance) and I don't know whether I've reached that speed. So how do I calibrate this trainer, please?

Issue 2: I have put Favero Assiomo power meter pedals on the Drivo - will they interfere with calibrating the Drivo? Should I replace with normal pedals until it's calibrated?

Issue 3: My E Training app defaults to 'calibrate with ANT', which seems to require an additional stick to attach. I don't want this. I want to use Bluetooth - and select this option - is this causing problems with calibration?

I am so confused. I've read DC Rainmaker's review of the Drivo which implies it does not need calibrating - it DOES. Like I say, I cannot use it in its current state so step by step advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Elite Admin S

Re: Drivo and Power Meter Pedals

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:41 am

Hi

If you do a normal training, speed is properly shown?
Are you able to pair properly through bluetooth, right?

Please uninstall the app and install it again.
If still you have the same issue, please try also with another device (as test) and let me know what happens.

mike.landmann

Re: Drivo and Power Meter Pedals

Postby mike.landmann » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:38 pm

tmcinnes wrote:Hi there trying without success to calibrate my Elite Drivo. I've pedalled for 10 minutes but when I open the E Training app and go to Trainer Calibration, it tells me to keep pedalling ...........then nothing happens, except I get exhausted. Alternatively it tells me to 'keep pedalling and reach 20.5mph' - how do I know I've reached the required speed? The resistance is high for a small, light woman like me, I doubt I can sustain that speed (which is why I need to calibrate the trainer - it is unusable as a smart trainer due to the level of resistance) and I don't know whether I've reached that speed. So how do I calibrate this trainer, please?

Issue 2: I have put Favero Assiomo power meter pedals on the Drivo - will they interfere with calibrating the Drivo? Should I replace with normal pedals until it's calibrated?

Issue 3: My E Training app defaults to 'calibrate with ANT', which seems to require an additional stick to attach. I don't want this. I want to use Bluetooth - and select this option - is this causing problems with calibration?

I am so confused. I've read DC Rainmaker's review of the Drivo which implies it does not need calibrating - it DOES. Like I say, I cannot use it in its current state so step by step advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I use my power pedals instead of taking the power from the trainer.
Either way, they won't interfere with each other.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”