Drivo knocking noise

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

becaela

Drivo knocking noise

Postby becaela » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi, my Drivo has a knocking sound coming from it only when I'm connected and pedalling not like Elite suggest when I stop pedalling with a 3rd party app Zwift for instance. If its switched on and not connected to zwift it's fine. I've tried it with ERG on and off and different modes but still it knocks. According to Elite this is perfectly fine and normal with Drivo models ????? Heres what they had to say

Hi,
yes,all the Drivo are like this.
At disposal for any others information that you need.

Hi David,
we have verified that the noise present is due to use in ERG mode essentially when you stop pedaling: the motor initially moves continuously to maintain the target power and then it realizes that it must go to the minimum level. So this kind of noise is present on all Drivo II hometrainers (that has a faster rotation of the stepping motor than the previous version) and is audible only in ERG mode after the stop of pedaling. The plastic covers doesn’t help because of amplification of the noise.
In level mode you won’t hear anything due to as above said.
So I confirm you that you can use the trainer without any problem and we are always at disposal for any others information that you need.
At disposal for any others information that you need.

Elite Admin S

Re: Drivo knocking noise

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 am

Hi

In the video, I can hear:
- the noise of the cassette
- the sound of the motor that is adjusting the resistance (the same you have when you power on the trainer).

I think it's the same that the customer care guys has heard.
Both this are normal on this trainer.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”