DRIVO II Knocking noise

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

soto.iban

DRIVO II Knocking noise

Postby soto.iban » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Hello , next you can find a short video showing the knocking noise coming from my ELITE DRIVO II trainer unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYEPKDEURo

It happens only when it is connected to the power and executing any training plan from ELITE APPLICATION , BKOOL , ZWIFT or whatever. If it is unplugged it does not happen. The trainer is brand new unit used a couple of times only, is happening from the first day. I have executed the calibration process according to the ELITE instructions but it did not solve the issue.
How can I manage this? If anyone has eperinced the same and can help me I will appreciate. If not I will open a ticket to ELITE. ..

Thanks

launayjerome14

Re: DRIVO II Knocking noise

Postby launayjerome14 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am

Hello,
I have the exact same problem with my new Drivo II.
Following this post and hoping for an answer too.
Thks

soto.iban

Re: DRIVO II Knocking noise

Postby soto.iban » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 am

Dear , a couple of days ago

I received the following answer from ELITE:

We have verified that the noise present is due to use in ERG mode essentially when you stop pedaling: the motor initially moves continuously to maintain the target power and then it realizes that it must go to the minimum level. So this kind of noise is present on all Drivo II hometrainers (that has a faster rotation of the stepping motor than the previous version) and is audible only in ERG mode after the stop of pedaling. The plastic covers doesn’t help because of amplification of the noise.
In level mode you won’t hear anything due to as above said.
So we confirm you that you can use the trainer without any problem.

Then My question now is:

It is true that by using LEVEL MODE the trainer does not make that sound ,but in BKOOL and ZWIFT it is audible independently if the ERG mode is active or not. Does it means that those applications are using the ERG mode of the unit all the time?

If any one can give a little of light on that I will appreaciate.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”