Drivo II - ERG control extremely slow

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

scoob

Re: Drivo II - ERG control extremely slow

Postby scoob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Paul. That ‘settling diwn’ taking ages sounds like the same issue. MAny thanks for posting .... this is amazing. So many people reporting that the Elite Drivo and Elite Drivo II don’t work properly.

I've had my Drivo II since the New Year 2019. It was a replacement for an Elite Qubo Smart Digital B+ which failed after 18mths.

Didn't use it in January (stuck with Rollers) but have reinstalled.

Don't know if it the same problem - but in ERG mode the power output registering is wild...

If I am trying to put out 120watts - and have a constant cadence, the registered power swings wildly between (say) 270 watts and 98 watts - it takes ages to settle down (over 30sec) and even then there is no consistency it still fluctuates.

I almost can't get it to settle on the required power output.

Using Zwift with ANT+ FE-C

Any thoughts...?
Paul Ashbury

scoob

Postby scoob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:29 pm

List of affected people updated 5/2 ... wow and that’s just the few people that look at this forum.

04/02/2019, 19:06

Hi everyone. I’m about to gather in to one place everyone who has a problem with both their Drivo and their Drivo II specifically with respect to ERG use - where the trainer takes a long time (compared to the claimed capability) to change its resistance levels, whether up or down in power.
If you’d rather use a pseudonym obviously that’s grand.

When we’ve gathered a set of names for Elite Drivo and Drivo II machines that don’t operate correctly, we can make it visible as a group problem really clearly. It might help. Feel free to append your name to this list in either thread. And we can campaign for a group response from Elite.

Starting with two of us who ended up on the same thread on another forum. These are people with exactly the same issue
Drivo II performance way below par.

For Drivo II or Drivo - defective ERG resistance control
Me (scoob)
Dave Yeomans
Estidoh (TR forum)
Arsian (TR forum)
jmvcolorado (TR forum)
Updated 4/2
+2 more from the DC rainmaker review site. One of whom had theirs fixed through remote access by Elite.
Updated 5/2
R lafferty (this forum)
Paul A (this forum)

That’s nine I’ve found in the first day.

For Drivo:

scoob

Postby scoob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:55 pm

List of names updated again 5/2 of people who find the Drivo or Drivo II doesn’t work properly through not controlling resistance fast enough as claimed.
10 here so far (and a few others to add yet)

Me (scoob)
Dave Yeomans
Estidoh (TR forum)
Arsian (TR forum)
jmvcolorado (TR forum)
Updated 4/2
+2 more from the DC rainmaker review site. One of whom had theirs fixed through remote access by Elite.
Updated 5/2
R lafferty (this forum)
Paul A (this forum)
Andrews (this forum)

Remain curious as to why no reply from Elite Admin team - I thought this was one of their primary ways of sharing knowledge and fixes for the trainers.
For the avoidance of doubt I have also emailed the customer service team as I found an email address for them (emailed 5/2 in the evening UK time)

Keep the names coming for Drivo / Drivo II defective / slow to change resistance fault / in ERG mode

Cheers.

scoob

Postby scoob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:43 pm

List of names updated again 6th Feb for Drivo II ERG / resistance not working.
List updates again

Me (scoob)
Dave Yeomans
Estidoh (TR forum)
Arsian (TR forum)
jmvcolorado (TR forum)
Updated 4/2
Updated 5/2
R lafferty (this forum)
Paul A (this forum)
Andrews (this forum)
Yaxley (this forum)
lellinoaereoplanino (This forum)

12 now reported where people hare saying the same thing
Last edited by scoob on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scoob

Postby scoob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:46 pm

Message from Chris (yaxley on forum) fwd’d as he can’t get his post to show up right now.

“ I too am getting very frustrated my Drivo in ERG mode.

I did post in here yesterday, but my message never seemingly appeared, so I will try again.

I have had my Drivo about a month now, I am a Zwift subscriber and ride a mix of Sim mode & training sessions in ERG mode.

I have no complaints in Sim mode at all, the resistance changes instantly & always seems appropriate for the gradient shown on screen.
But ERG mode as I say is extremely frustrating. If I have some sprint intervals, say 440 watts for 45 seconds at a cadence 100rpm, then 1 minute of 120 watts at 80pm recovery the Drivo will take upwards of 45 seconds to release the resistance, meaning I am sometimes putting out 300 watts at a cadence of 20 until the resistance is finally reduced giving me 20 seconds to recover before my next sprint effort. There is just no way I can peddle any faster. I then fail the recovery interval which is really annoying.

I previously own the Elite Qubo Digital Smart b+ which is a third of the cost and was great to use in both Sim & ERG modes.

It is a real shame, given how good the Drivo is in Sim mode, but I really wish I hadn't been so tight & saved up that little bit more & got a Wahoo Kickr. It is even more annoying that now I find so many others having this issue & Elite either denying it is a issue, or just plain ignoring us.

Very disappointed,
Chris”

————-

lellinoaereoplanino

Postby lellinoaereoplanino » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:15 pm

lello balzano , drivo 1

scoob

Postby scoob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 pm

List of names updated again 6th Feb for Drivo II ERG / resistance not working.
List updates again

Me (scoob)
Dave Yeomans
Estidoh (TR forum)
Arsian (TR forum)
jmvcolorado (TR forum)
Updated 4/2
Updated 5/2
R lafferty (this forum)
Paul A (this forum)
Andrews (this forum)
Yaxley (this forum)
lellinoaereoplanino (This forum)

12 now reported where people hare saying the same thing

scoob

Postby scoob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi everyone - a kind customer service person replied to me today to check what the problem was. Looks like they don’t use the official forum much (i’m Guessing). I have pointed them at this thread and asked for a response. Will let you know.

Nemysys

Postby Nemysys » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Had another problem ride this morning (Thursday 7 Feb)

Zwift Training Plan....

10 mins warm up at graduated wattage... managed to 'nearly' keep to the output... then

30sec @ 155w + 30sec @ 85w
30sec @ 165w + 30 sec @ 85w
30sec @ 185w + 30 sec @ 85w

Could get no where near any of the required attages... the figures were wildly swinging from 78w to 270w...

I 'failed' all three sections...

Next session was 10min@ 155w - it took 4 mins for the figures to settle anywhere near the required wattage.

The Drivo II is 'not fit for purpose' - it can not be used for training....

I will be contacting Elite direct...!

scoob

Postby scoob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:39 pm

Yeah - good call - the ticket I have open is 48678 - feel free to reference it other wise

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”