Replacing Freehub

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

soyler44

Replacing Freehub

Postby soyler44 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:29 pm

I got a new bike and tried to replace the old 10-speed cassette with an 11-speed (Shimano). I had a very hard time getting the old cassette off and the new cassette will go on, but I have to pound it onto the freehub body because the aluminum has bent and is damaged.

How do I go about getting a new Shimano-compatible freehub body? All I can find online are the Campy versions?

noomster

Re: Replacing Freehub

Postby noomster » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:44 am

Yeah I am looking for a replacement Shimano freehub body as well.

reydelvalle

Postby reydelvalle » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:36 pm

I have the same problem, but on a Direto X. I’m having trouble changing out the cassette. I’m going from a 10 speed cassette to an 11 speed… to match what my new bike has.

The old 10 sp cassette came off easily, but had a tough time removing the spacers. Was able to eventually get them off, but the new 11 sp cassette wouldn’t slide on. The free hub has some nicks on it from the middle gears… should I try to smooth the freehub, or should I replace it? If replace, I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find them. Can you let me know where to look?

juhalehtinen

Postby juhalehtinen » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:55 pm

I have some nicks on that freehub as well so i decided to order new freehub from shop elite. I have noticed some shifting issues, not for sure yet what causes that issue but i have thought that some sprockets might have some play, same place where are those nicks and that's why chain jump on teeth. Just wondering can i use other brand free hub or should it be made from Elite?.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”