Elite Direto - no resistance and strange clicking noise

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

raphnou

Re: Elite Direto - no resistance and strange clicking noise

Postby raphnou » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:41 am

Hello,

I went on the side of the dark force and my feeling is that I did very well.

The reliability of the Direto does not seem to me to the height for 4 training per week, the design of the belt tensioning roller is its weak point, the bearing is too small, sooner or later everyone will have these problems of broken belts. There will be a maintenance that will be mandatory, this adds an extra cost offset after the guarantee ...

In addition, the training on Zwift happen as a letter to the post office, where the Direto was too slow to react, everything goes with Dark Vador.
Also, in ERG mode, pedaling variations that I encountered with the Direto do not exist on DV, result training is much better quality, without having to focus on his pace of pedaling, a treat.

The DV software has improved further since my short stint at Elite, and I do not hesitate to repeat that MyETraining does not even meet the lead of the main competitor.
The demo mode allows you to realize, Elite has no demo mode and in addition you have to pay 20 euros for that ?!

Thanks to admin elite for being reactive on the forum but it will have to shake the Elite engineers to correct the level of software and update your trainer ...

Good Luck

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi Raphnou,
we’re not sure which trainer are you talking about when you refer to the DV. There are many competitors out there :(

What we can say about the reliability of the Direto is that:
- our rollers passed a life test of 800 hours with resistance variations from 200 to 900 every 30 seconds. Surely this should be a more than enough test.
- moreover, after that we made the analysis on the bearings, without finding any traceable usury.
That’s is absolutely normala s the bearing are design to last much longer (many more times) than the lifetime of the trainer.
So the problem that you forecast is very unlikely

About the demo feature of the myEtraining. You can use the app in Level Mode without subscription.
Yes, we admit that is a very limited feature, but we’d like to remember that in each Direto we include a coupon for 1 year. 12 months is much more demo time than any other software out on the market.

yusrieyahana

Postby yusrieyahana » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:45 am

Hi elite,

After 11 month of using direto, just now suddenly my sensor reading wrong and i sensed of rough vibration during my paddling.

Refer to the attached picture for your evaluation.

Screenshot_20181031-232258.jpg
Screenshot_20181031-232258.jpg (222.13 KiB) Viewed 6173 times

Kindly advice the next course of action.

Yuzz

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Did you already try with a calibration?
If not, try it and check if the situation solves. Otherwise, if power remain the same or if the calibration fails, contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com

Regards

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”