direto erg mode in zwift

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

raphnou

Re: direto erg mode in zwift

Postby raphnou » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:53 pm

snoack321 wrote:After I bought Directo II new and use with AppleTV/Zwift in ERG mode it worked (was a bit slow like 10 seconds) but worked fine. But, over time ERG got slow and slower and now doesn't work at all.

What can I do to 'reset' the Directo and/or apply firmware patch to fix the ERG problem on the Directo?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Hello,

I used Direto for two and a half months.
ERG mode has never been good, it is an intrinsic characteristic of direto.
By design it is naturally slow, too much latency, so for split Zwift programs it is bad.
Then he will break his belt because the tensioner pulley is of poor quality. I am a technician and as soon as I realized the quality of the transmission I knew that the belt would have to be changed regularly.
The direto 1 is not a good home trainer, I was lucky in the end, the French importer was Shimano and they gave a new one to the store where I had bought the Direto. It was a long time but the shop finally paid me the Direto in full.
Then I bought a Tacx Neo, and here I am in the heaven of heaven to compare that there are home trainers who work correctly with the ERG mode.
Smooth pedaling, no noise, precise.
I use it for a year and a half and I am happy as well even if it cost me 300 euros more.

snoack321

Postby snoack321 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Update : per elite customer support I paired directo with phone myETraining app, calibrated then spun after 10 min warm up in power and level modes. No matter what level or power I choose there is no braking / resistance whatsoever. It used to work but now doesn’t.

How do I diagnose what the problem is and fix it?

Is it mechanical (belt) or firmware? How can you tell?

Thanks in advance!

Scott
Attachments
00C94882-AC48-4A16-A54E-8C3F54BC9E94.png
00C94882-AC48-4A16-A54E-8C3F54BC9E94.png (66.22 KiB) Viewed 7678 times

thomas153mata

Postby thomas153mata » Tue May 12, 2020 8:31 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi

Please open the advanced settings in my e-training app or software.
Look for the power smoothing option and increase the value (put it at 10), then try again.
Let me know if the situation improves.

Regards

I can’t find the powersmoothning option, im on the elite suito and using the e training app

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 13, 2020 11:01 am

Thomas,

power smoothing is available only on the trainers that have a power sensor inside (Direto, Drivo...)

jsti1000

Postby jsti1000 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:39 pm

I must say that Direto is really good trainer. As lama on YouTube erg video explains. You only need to control cadence. (small crank in front you will see yourself which ring on back cassette) The cadence you can hold for a period of interval you ride. Than erg will make you to hold the power you had to hold on workout. The erg mode is better on long intervals under 20 seconds... So find yourself comfortable cadence and that erg will be less jumpy. If you still can't hold the power in zone you can manage power meter sensitivity on MyEtraining app.
Fabric value is 2. You can set it on 5 or 10? Depending how much is of when you can hold smooth pedaling.
I did not change it. Because I rather train smooth performing. Maybe I will set it on 5 later. Greetings

freemoussss

Postby freemoussss » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:03 pm

jsti1000 wrote:I must say that Direto is really good trainer. As lama on YouTube erg video explains. You only need to control cadence. (small crank in front you will see yourself which ring on back cassette) The cadence you can hold for a period of interval you ride. Than erg will make you to hold the power you had to hold on workout. The erg mode is better on long intervals under 20 seconds... So find yourself comfortable cadence and that erg will be less jumpy. If you still can't hold the power in zone you can manage power meter sensitivity on MyEtraining app.
Fabric value is 2. You can set it on 5 or 10? Depending how much is of when you can hold smooth pedaling.
I did not change it. Because I rather train smooth performing. Maybe I will set it on 5 later. Greetings

Try a tacx Neo or a Wahoo Kickr, you will understand that the Direto does not know how to manage the ERG mode ... even by changing the settings ;)

mjurgen929@gmail.com

Postby mjurgen929@gmail.com » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Have you watched the Hunger Game yet?
https://www.mreasylife.com/games/hunger-games-simulator/
It is one exclusively exciting series you should perhaps look for before understanding what The hunger games simulator is all about.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”