Direto w/ 11 speed Ultegra

Moderators: Elite Admin S, Elite Admin M

bmac1466

Direto w/ 11 speed Ultegra

Postby bmac1466 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello,

I bought a Direto back in March, and I use an 11-speed Ultegra cassette (11-28T, same as my road bike). According to the manual and various posts online covering the Direto, I installed the cassette without any spacers.

However, earlier today I was going to take off the cassette to give it a thorough cleaning, and I noticed that I was able to move the cassette a bit along the hub; I can move it about 2-3mm along the hub, but the cassette is firmly held together.

I have experienced, while only a few times, that the chain sometimes skips during a training session. Now I am thinking this is because the cassette is not correctly installed.

Have I installed it improperly? Could/should I need to use the included spacers after all?

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto w/ 11 speed Ultegra

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 am

Hi

Usually 11-speed cassette doesn't require any spacer, but it also depends on the model.
In your case, it could be necessary to add a spacer (the cassette must be fixed without any play)
Try it and let us know if the problem on the chain is solved.

D3vilsim

Postby D3vilsim » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 pm

bmac1466 wrote:Hello,

I bought a Direto back in March, and I use an 11-speed Ultegra cassette (11-28T, same as my road bike). According to the manual and various posts online covering the Direto, I installed the cassette without any spacers.

However, earlier today I was going to take off the cassette to give it a thorough cleaning, and I noticed that I was able to move the cassette a bit along the hub; I can move it about 2-3mm along the hub, but the cassette is firmly held together.

I have experienced, while only a few times, that the chain sometimes skips during a training session. Now I am thinking this is because the cassette is not correctly installed.

Have I installed it improperly? Could/should I need to use the included spacers after all?

Hi, mind to share how u resolve the problem? Thanks

nickc3

Postby nickc3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi, did you get it to work.

My shimano 105 doesn't shift perfectly on a few gears. I was thinking of toying around with tightness of skewer.

I installed with no spacer.

Return to “Direto”