Elite Direto Knocking Sound

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

lumsampoh

Re: Elite Direto Knocking Sound

Postby lumsampoh » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:44 pm

Johny32 wrote:Can you place a link to a video of your trainer?
Is it something like this: https://vimeo.com/424947217

Hi, l am facing the same problem. What is that sound and how to solve it? My trainer is also skipping with every pedal stroke. Pls advice. Thanks

Johny32

Postby Johny32 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:59 pm

lumsampoh wrote:
Johny32 wrote:Can you place a link to a video of your trainer?
Is it something like this: https://vimeo.com/424947217

Hi, l am facing the same problem. What is that sound and how to solve it? My trainer is also skipping with every pedal stroke. Pls advice. Thanks

Hi
Best thing you should do is to report tour problem to myetraining@elite-it.com

Saggyxxx1`

Postby Saggyxxx1` » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:23 am

I purchased my Direto on 23 March 20 in the UK. There was a periodic knocking noise as soon as I started using it. I’d never used a smart trainer and a colleague informed me this was normal as the trainer adjusted to the terrain (incline/decline) in Zwift. But it’s got worse and the trainer is now unusable. There is slippage at all power levels. I emailed a video the customer services team. So now I need to open the unit up and take a photo to see if the belt has damaged. Looking at the threads on this forum, the belt tension and fault history is a basic Design flaw. Surely this shouldn’t be happening. Most people splashing the cash on a smart trainer are pretty serious cyclists and it’s a major inconvenience to be without the trainer. Not sure what the repair or replacement route will be but I’m seriously considering cutting my losses and purchasing a different brand.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:10 am

@Saggyxxx1

Contact the customer care.
The problems you've described seems to indicate a problem on the belt.
It's necessary to investigate further

Regards

elliottvern

Postby elliottvern » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Hello all,

I am also experiencing a new constant knocking that is coming from the Direto trainer. I have submitted a ticket but I was wondering if anyone has found a fix? In my investigations, I am starting to see a number of similar problems with this unit.

Thanks

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:10 am

Hi Elliottvern

Noises can have different causes.
Sometimes it is due to a loose belt, sometimes a wrong mounting, sometimes there's a mechanical issue.
So, every time there's a suspect noise, there's only one thing to do: contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com adding a video in which it is audible. The guys of the customer care will find the cause and solve the problem

Regards

bigtalljonathan

Postby bigtalljonathan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi,
Pleased I managed to find this thread as my Direto after over a year of faultless service has also developed this clicking/knocking noise. It happens with the bike on the trainer and without the b :shock: ike - turning the flywheel by hand.
I have checked that the cassette is on properly and not loose which it is.
I got the trainer in June 2019 so it's well within the 24 month warranty period specified in the manual - it's not as bad as the video link that was posted earlier in this thread but then i haven't taken the cover off yet as I do not want to void the warranty unless directed to do so by the Elite techs.

I have submitted a ticket and sent on a video but yet to hear from them - just wanted to know from others who had this problem what the fix actually was - it seems to be (from the video anyway) from around the fan spindle area - though could be wrong.

Other than that I love the trainer for my trainerroad sessions just a shame that it decides to throw a wobbler at start of trainer season... :shock: :?

liveroggy007

Postby liveroggy007 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Hi, I have the same knocking noise as the video posted within this thread by 'jonny32', can someone from Elite technical contact me to solve this issue please. thanks Rob

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”