Elite Direto Knocking Sound

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

velobob

Elite Direto Knocking Sound

Postby velobob » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:45 am

I just got my Direto today and set it up. After warming it up and doing a calibration and set off to do a TrainerRoad Workout. During the first 10 minute warmup I heard a loud knocking noise from the trainer. I did a couple of intervals and each time I returned to a lower wattage the knocking came back. Very disappointing since the trainer is brand new. Any ideas or do I pack it up and take it back to the bike shop? I have submitted a trouble ticket on the Elite site as well. Thx!

Elite Admin S

Re: Elite Direto Knocking Sound

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi

I see that the customer care has already helped you solving the problem

Regards

meekmeister

Postby meekmeister » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:00 pm

I have the same issue with my Drivo, it seems to be as I slow my pedalling that the knocking sound comes from the trainer. I've only had it for a couple of months. What can I do, return it to the store I bought it from?

alex

Postby alex » Sat May 05, 2018 3:56 pm

I have been using Direto for about 4 months. One week ago I started to hear a strange knocking sound from the trainer at power ~220-240W. When the power increases, the knocking increases too. On lower power ~150-170W there is no knocking sound.

One more observation - the knocking period matches the rear cassette revolution.

Theoretically, I still can use it but the noise concerns me - it should me more or less smooth :(

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 am

Hi Alex

Are you sure that the problem is not in the cassette?
Please check if the cassette is well mounted (there must be no plays between the parts).

If still the problem doesn't solve, do a little video in which we can hear the noise and send it to myetraining@elite-it.com explaining the situation and adding as much information as possible (trainer serial number, speed and power you had when the noise appears...).
If the video is too big, upload it using a file sharing site (like wetransfer, sendspace...)

Regards

jamesharvey06

Postby jamesharvey06 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Elite.

I have used the turbo over winter on and off, however now that i have started using it 4/5 times a week.

I am getting a horrible clicking type noise from the inner case of the turbo. could this be the tensioner issue that i have read about.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:21 am

@jamesharvey06

It's hard to tell. Noises may be due to many causes (often are due to not perfect mounting of the cassette, for example).
The best way to act is to record a little video of the noise and send it to the customer care, the guys there will hear it and tell you what may be the cause.

Regards

cirodellacorte

Postby cirodellacorte » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:30 pm

alex wrote:I have been using Direto for about 4 months. One week ago I started to hear a strange knocking sound from the trainer at power ~220-240W. When the power increases, the knocking increases too. On lower power ~150-170W there is no knocking sound.

One more observation - the knocking period matches the rear cassette revolution.

Theoretically, I still can use it but the noise concerns me - it should me more or less smooth :(

Hi Alex, I answer to this old post beacuse I've exactly the same issue. How did you fixed it?
Thank you! :)

paul.1furness

Postby paul.1furness » Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi All, I had what I thought was a similar problem a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure if the issue was my bike or the Trainer, so kept going as it wasn't that bad, BUT after my 1st race this morning on Zwift its got worse, a friend has come round done some video of just some easy riding and said it the Trainer not the bike, I see much of these problems are free hubs, what are people doing in UK about this issue?

Johny32

Postby Johny32 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm

paul.1furness wrote:Hi All, I had what I thought was a similar problem a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure if the issue was my bike or the Trainer, so kept going as it wasn't that bad, BUT after my 1st race this morning on Zwift its got worse, a friend has come round done some video of just some easy riding and said it the Trainer not the bike, I see much of these problems are free hubs, what are people doing in UK about this issue?

Can you place a link to a video of your trainer?
Is it something like this: https://vimeo.com/424947217

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”