Direto power off by around 50 watts

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

costantini24

Re: Direto power off by around 50 watts

Postby costantini24 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:47 am

Hi
I have the same issue, my assioma is +50 watt more or less than my direto xr.
Already did calibration ps direto and put the same ftp level.
Is there something to do to fix it?

fabien.wartel

Postby fabien.wartel » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:20 pm

Good morning

I've had the same problem for years except that I have 20/30 watts more than my Power2max....

I imagine that since then there has been no solution or no response from Elite?

dmwnz

Postby dmwnz » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:10 pm

Same issue here, however while troubleshooting with Elite support, I noticed that the difference between the Direto XR and my other power meters (tried 2 including Favero Assioma Duo and Magene P505) was not constant, it would depend on the resistance level.

Overall the difference was about 7-10%, with the biggest gaps happening at high flywheel speed (40-45km/h). After long exchanges with the Elite Support, which at first tried to convince me that nothing was wrong, I loaded a new map that they sent me (EEprom JSON file). Now the overall difference is a bit smaller but when looking closely it is still very much wrong on many resistance levels.

For a product that is advertised "1.5% accurate", using an "internal torque sensor" it is extremely disappointing.

Note: during some troubleshooting, at some point, the actual resistance on the unit would not change when changing the resistance level through the myEtraining app... but still , the power reading would go higher as the "supposed" resistance was increased. To me, it is clear proof that the "internal torque sensor" is a total lie. The way the unit calculates power is barely the product of speed and resistance, put through a map. If the map is improperly calibrated (I guess that is supposed to be done during production, clearly not done well for a lot of units), or if the resistance motor doesn't respond as expected, then the readings are garbage.

I have yet to resolve the issue for good, it seems to me that it would require a complete recalibration

stefan_l_01

Postby stefan_l_01 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:42 pm

How do you know which powermeter is the correct one?
Accelerating hard out of low speed in long gear should show whether power raises before speed is build up.

dmwnz

Postby dmwnz » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:46 pm

So, in total I tested the Direto XR against 3 PMs (one for each Assioma pedal and one spider based). All 3 were measuring very close, only the trainer is off the chart ; there is little room for doubt on which is wrong...

I'm currently still in contact with support, I believe my unit was miscalibrated and hope I can get it replaced.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”