Direto X Broken Step Motor/ERG Mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

chaosjockey

Direto X Broken Step Motor/ERG Mode

Postby chaosjockey » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:54 am

Hi Guys

I'm looking for some help with my Direto X please! for the past year the resistance being delivered has been incorrect for the first 5/10/15/20 minutes of my workout - being way too hard. If i need 150 watts, it could be 300+. There is no rhyme nor reason to this, and after a little while it seems to calm down somewhat.

switching to resistance mode SOMETIMES helps. As does switching the trainer off at the plug. but not all the time.

This morning unfortunately the trainer was delivering such hard resistance, i couldn't do any beneficial training. when i switched to to resistance mode eventually the trainer started to deliver the correct resistance. but for my 30second on 30 second off workout this morning resistance mode is not possible for me due to gearing.

I stripped the case of the trainer, to work out what is going off, and found the step motor appears to be getting stuck and not moving the magnet forward and backward properly. In the forward motion, it mostly appears to be ok (making the resistance harder) but on the way back down it gets stuck. This makes sense based on my experience.

note that most of the time when the trainer has been running for a little while, it seems to get better.

here is a video i took of the problem; I used the Elite software and resistance mode to step move the magnet. I take the time moving up the resistance levels, then on the way back down you can hear the motor make a noise, but not actually twist the screw which moves the magnet.

https://youtu.be/m0ItqoW_NBw

Unlisted video you can only access with the link.

Can i replace or fix this problem myself please? many thanks in advance!

Please note, i have been through all possibilities from a software point of view, the guys at TrainerRoad could not have been more helpful!
Chaosjockey

steve.hammatt

Re: Direto X Broken Step Motor/ERG Mode

Postby steve.hammatt » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:51 pm

Have you tried speaking with Elite support about the problem?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:02 pm

Please contact the support:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

bugifa

Postby bugifa » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:05 am

Hi, I have the same problem.
How did you fix it (if you did)?

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”