Direto X worrying sound and not working

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

stuartdscott

Direto X worrying sound and not working

Postby stuartdscott » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:20 am

A week ago my Direto X stopped working properly. When turning on, it makes a very concerning sound - see link (https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fbsdpW ... bBuYtb5M4A). When you try and cycle, it is constant resistance whatever gear you are in and you end up pedaling in squares!

I have just updated all the firmware, though this does not seem to have worked. The serial number for the turbo trainer is FD5D8349-7AEF-0D28-CE6F-99B533181DCE

Is there anyway to fix this as at the moment I can't use it?

Thanks

fernulv

Re: Direto X worrying sound and not working

Postby fernulv » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:44 pm

Hi.

Can you remove the lid from the other side where the cable connects and record there how the golden screw and brake look like when you start it? I had a similar issue with mine.

stuartdscott

Postby stuartdscott » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:30 pm

Thanks - I took the panel off and had a look. Essentially I think that the black unit that slides to the golden screw had got stuck. I took a few videos and in the process of turning the trainer off and on again a few times, it seems to have righted itself!! Will test it out tomorrow on Zwift. See below some before and after videos.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0c8hzC6 ... d_uHHmH6uw

stuartdscott

Postby stuartdscott » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:52 pm

The same problem occurred again. The golden screw and the sliding black panel was stuck to the right. After turning off an on again four times, I managed to get it moving again back to the correct position and worked OK on Zwift. Do I need some more grease on the golden screw, to stop it getting stuck?

james278

Postby james278 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:46 pm

Hi,

How did you fix it ? Have the same problem for the last week!

Do you need to oil it or just switch it off and on again lots of times ?

Thanks,

J

taylorgodiva

Postby taylorgodiva » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:41 am

stuartdscott wrote:Thanks - I took the panel off and had a look. Essentially I think that the black unit that slides to the golden screw had got stuck. I took a few videos and in the process of turning the trainer off and on again a few times, it seems to have righted itself!! Will test it out tomorrow on Zwift. See below some before and after videos. Fnaf

Hello, I would like to know your results after trying again

mcurtin

Postby mcurtin » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:10 pm

taylorgodiva wrote:
stuartdscott wrote:Thanks - I took the panel off and had a look. Essentially I think that the black unit that slides to the golden screw had got stuck. I took a few videos and in the process of turning the trainer off and on again a few times, it seems to have righted itself!! Will test it out tomorrow on Zwift. See below some before and after videos. Fnaf

Hello, I would like to know your results after trying again

I just had this issue with my XR- I cleaned the screw/thread with a cloth, taking care to remove as much dirt/grime as possible. I then applied fresh bike grease to the entire length of the screw/thread. Started it back up and all was good.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”