Direto XR offset value is 6300 but should be 6500

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

olafstein

Direto XR offset value is 6300 but should be 6500

Postby olafstein » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:29 pm

Hello,
I have problems with the calibration of my Direto XR. I had to change the belt and the belt tensioner because the tensioner was making very loud noises. I followed exactly the instructions on this page:

https://support.elite-it.com/de/articles/360011361719

The change went smoothly and I did a short 10 minute test drive on Zwift to warm up the Direto. Inside Zwift everything ran as usual. The noise was gone and the Direto ran smoothly again. Then I performed the calibration in the myETraining app (Android), as a value was displayed 6304. However, on the sticker under the Direto was noted as a value 6500.

With the given instructions, it was clear to me that a lot of turns of the screw are necessary for an exact setting of the offset value, so I performed the calibration again. The value remained at 6304. To exclude a software error I installed myETraining on my ipad, there was an offset value of 6302 displayed.
To avoid damaging the new belt and tensioner, I reinstalled the old parts. After 11 screw turns the offset value was 6306 (Android). I increased the belt tension more and calibrated again and again in between. I stopped at 6328, I knew that I would never reach the value of 6500.

Until I changed the belt, I didn't know what the offset was worth. I have often performed the calibration and I am sure that in the past the value was never at 6500. At least not the last year.

Is it possible that a wrong number was noticed on the sticker?

The new parts are installed back again and everything is working fine so far. Only the offset value isn't correct.

What else can I do?

Thanks for your help

holger

Re: Direto XR offset value is 6300 but should be 6500

Postby holger » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:47 pm

I'm pretty sure this value is only for factory calibrated trainers. I never reached the factory offset after chaning the belt (factory is 6426 and i got to 6423 max).

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”