Power differences to vector3

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

b_clive@hotmail.com

Power differences to vector3

Postby b_clive@hotmail.com » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:51 pm

Dear all,

I have noticed that my diretto xrt which is like 1 and a half years old now is is giving me inaccurate power readings compared to my vector3 pedals. I tried calibrating the diretto via the instructions and i managed to get to the ideal calibtration target value but to no avail. Is there anything i can so to solve this issue? The differnce in wattage is like 30w. I also recently updated to the latest bersion of firmware and it didn’t help.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Clive

stefan_l_01

Re: Power differences to vector3

Postby stefan_l_01 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:31 pm

What makes you sure that the direto is off, and not your pedals? I suppose the pedals give you higher Watts?

I recommend to check it by a method like this. On pages like
https://www.michael-konczer.com/de/trai ... -berechnen
you enter values for a climb. Next to you weight and 8kg for Equipment , enter Distanz 1km and altitude gain 100m which is 10%. Speed ( first value) 10kmh.
Now set in elite app a slope test with 10% and try to match the entered speed constantly, record power and compare to calculation.

b_clive@hotmail.com

Re: Power differences to vector3

Postby b_clive@hotmail.com » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:15 pm

I will try this method and let you know how it goes. Even though the pedals are giving me lower power by 30watts. I ve been using power for quite a while and i know my ftp thats why im saying that the diretto is higher by 30watts, which is quite alot. I am out of training and did an ftp test for 20mims and resulted in 310 watts on the diretto! Couldn’t wven keep 300watts when i was on tiptop shape.

But anyway. Ill give this a try and let you know

Btw how do you set the diretto by gradient? Do you need to have the premium?

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”