Sudden failure of Direto X

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

black_fjr1300

Sudden failure of Direto X

Postby black_fjr1300 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:12 am

Hi
My Direto X suddenly stopped working during a Rouvy ride yesterday. The connection to Rouvy stopped for a few seconds, then started again, and then stopped for good.

My Garmin watch also lost connection to the Direto X at the same time. But both devices maintained a connection to a Bluetooth heart rate monitor. The Rouvy app connected to the Direto X by Bluetooth. The Garmin watch was connected to the Direto X by ANT+

Immediately after the failure, the Direto X just had the two blue lights on (ANT+ and Bluetooth). Today, after being powered off all night, only the Bluetooth light is on. The red power light does not come on .. today it just glows very faintly.

Also, on power-up, the Direto X does not now make it's usual startup noises.. some electric motor spinning or adjusting.

Any idea what the problem could be, and how to rectify it? I have multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc so can test.

/g

Elite Admin S

Re: Sudden failure of Direto X

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:54 am

Hi

If only the blue led is on, it means that the electronic board is not properly powered.
The problem may be caused by the power supply or by the electronic board itself.
If you have a tester/multimeter, the first thing to check is the power supply output. If it doesn't provide 12V it means the problem is there, if not it means that the board is faulty.

In both case, contact our support specifying the trainer serial number:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”