Direto XR too hard on Follow course using Garmin

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

francopiccolo

Direto XR too hard on Follow course using Garmin

Postby francopiccolo » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:02 pm

When I use my Garmin device and pair it with the Direto XR and select Free ride it works fine, but when I select Follow workout even if the wattage of the workout is very low the pedals become too hard almost impossible to move. What am I doing wrong or what problem might be happening?

thomaswe

Re: Direto XR too hard on Follow course using Garmin

Postby thomaswe » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:59 pm

I have the same problem that following a training on Garmin adjusts the Direto XR and suddenly the resistance changes to a level that it is almost impossible to continue paddling. The only solution is than to disconnect Garmin/restart the Direto (power-off-on) ... which is not really a solution as the training cannot be followed in this way.

I am currently using ANT for connectivity, will test further with Bluetooth …

@Elite Admin S - is there a compatibility issue between Garmin and Direto XR?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:04 am

Hi guys

We are not aware of any compatibility issue.
Consider that Direto XR uses a standard ant+ protocol, like all the other trainers (also non Elite trainers).

Are you sure that you don't have other apps or devices connected to the trainer at the same time? Maybe in the background?
This can cause this kind of behavior, as the trainer may have received a resistance command from something else.

thomaswe

Postby thomaswe » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:16 pm

Hi @Elite Admin S
I checked now again ANT and BT connectivity. I have only my watch and the training powered up. I connected the watch to the trainer and the lights on the trainer indicated that the watch is connected by showing a constant green or blue light respectively depending on the connection I used, and the other light blinking. BUT when I start on the watch any training to follow both status lights on the trainer start blinking and the resitance goes up to infinity. On the watch the traininger appears to be connected still.
Is this a problem appearing only on my trainier, or on any Wlite Direto XR trainer controlled by a Garmin device?

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”