Frequent Connection loss in Zwift

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

eonderde

Frequent Connection loss in Zwift

Postby eonderde » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:32 pm

I m using a Direto connected to Zwift companion app on iPhone and Zwift on Apple TV. I m experiencing more frequent connectivity issues. It happened occasionally from the start but now happens every other ride. I get a connection loss. The direto appears to be connected however no data is available. The only way to fix this is to disconnect the power cord, wait for 30 seconds and then plug in again This clears the error condition. This happens most often when sprinting. As this happens with the iPhone my iPad and with the AppleTV and my PC it looks like a problem caused by The Direto. Is there any way to diagnose or correct this error situation?

Elite Admin S

Re: Frequent Connection loss in Zwift

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:13 am

Hi

It would be nice to see if the trainer disconnects also if you pair the trainer directly to zwift without the companion app.
Another good test to do is to use my e-training and see if you have the same issue or not.
After you've done those tests, contact the support with the results:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

eonderde

Re: Frequent Connection loss in Zwift

Postby eonderde » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:34 pm

Based on a couple of experiments it looks like the combination of Direto and Zwift companion app is unstable. The combination of Direto and viiiia bridge and Apple TV appears to be stable.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”