Elite Direto XR knocking/clicking noise

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

besedic.bojan

Elite Direto XR knocking/clicking noise

Postby besedic.bojan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:32 am

Hi,

I notice this (or a similar) problem on a few Suitos and Diretos trainers on this forum.

So as I wrote on Elite support ticket, bought [i]Elite Direto XR on 12. Jul on Bike24 German shop. Put it on work on 2. Nov., made about 16 hours on it, and from the beginning, it makes a clicking/ knocking noise, prograding during a ride, pretty sure it is from inside the housing. Checked cassette, quick release, etc., all tight and in place. When freewheeling sound disappears. The trainer is calibrated, just one point below the written code (6373/6374).
Contacted Croatian local distributor Keindl-sport (Zagreb) and they said me that I could claim my warranty through them, no matter it is bought from German retailer.
[/i]

Production date is from February 2021, S/N : XRB212433

Link to videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19UAFKIaWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJeiu4nxNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KWVaKvP2o

It would be very helpful if some of the admins, and/or members had this kind of issue how they did solve it.

If I should send the trainer to repair, how long I could wait. To ride in that condition to spring, or could make even more damage?

Overall with feeling, simulation and overall I could say I'm satisfied. It is really fun, started to build even more FTP after season
, caught on the game, so I really apologize for little frustration.

Thank You in advance.
Attachments
IMG_20211110_213657_2.jpg
IMG_20211110_213657_2.jpg (107.73 KiB) Viewed 12205 times

hacksau

Re: Elite Direto XR knocking/clicking noise

Postby hacksau » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi!
I too had a knocking thumping type noise. My problem went away with a belt and tension pulley wheel replacement. Fairly easy to do.
I’m not sure your problem is the same so I would see what Elite support says.
I would consider it maybe part your bike/ connection to the direto as it stops when not pedaling? Try a different bike? Make sure your chain/gearing are correct and set right for the cassette on the trainer.
Just thought I would respond as so often no one does.
Good luck- I’m sure Elite will get you fixed.
Mark

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Hi guys

When it comes to noises, things are a little complicated.
Sounds that looks similar to you, may point out to different causes for us.

This is why it's necessary to contact the customer care and send a video in which we can hear the noise.
It's necessary a video and not a simple audio recording because it's important for us also to understand if there's a synchronization between the noise and the pedal strokes.

jneuhuber

Postby jneuhuber » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:32 am

I have a similar problem. How can I get in touch with customer care?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:45 am

Here's where to contact it:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

hrocs

Postby hrocs » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:04 am

On my Direto X was this screw not 100% tightened.
(I could move the washer behind with hand).
After tightening, no noise anymore.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-12-28 09-59-14.jpg
Screenshot from 2021-12-28 09-59-14.jpg (53.29 KiB) Viewed 11689 times

Justinmac

Postby Justinmac » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:39 am

Because of this, it's essential to get in touch with customer service and send a video in which the noise is audiblebackrooms

peterdmallin

Postby peterdmallin » Mon May 08, 2023 11:03 am

I had a knocking sound in my Direto X which also very slightly fed back through the cranks/pedals. It was a higher frequency knock than some of the others people have posted videos of. It also got progressively worse and was directly related to cadence.

I contacted Elite support with description and video and received a response within a few working days with a link to this repair video: https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... rce=search

The video essentially removes the pulley wheel and gets you to clean it, the pulley shaft and all the other washers and bits, and put it all back together. In doing that, all the dust and general gunk build up is removed which seems was the cause of the issue as the knocking has now gone. No new parts or bearings needed. Also gave it a good clean as a fair amount of dust works it's way in. The trainer was around 2.5 years old with circa 3000km on the clock from new.

Hope that provides a little extra background for others with similar issues.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”