Elite Direto Belt Tension

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

johnnynohair

Re: Elite Direto Belt Tension

Postby johnnynohair » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Many thanks for this admin- just to be clear- I should expect a replacement rather than a repair??

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 am

It depends...
We've instructed our distributor on how to do the repair, but it depends on the situation and on the location.

Regards

sswindon

Postby sswindon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:51 pm

I have just bought a Direto and the belt slipped off on my 2nd ride so the issue is definitely still out there. My dealer has got me a replacement unit.

marcelo.moreira.xavier

Postby marcelo.moreira.xavier » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:06 pm

I bought mine in August 2019 (the information bellow the unit says it has been produced in the same year) and the problem with the belt happened the last weekend: during the COVID-19 pandemia.... :cry: . The Elite support is sending a new belt replacement (I'm in Brazil... so.. months of waiting).

My question is about the fixed units. The replacement really fixed the problem: Is it now a reliable unit?

I'm concerned about it because accordingly the admin it affected just few units in the past and the production has been changed to solve this. But my unit is not from this period (late 2017) and the problem happened in the same way.

Could you give information about the behavior of your units after fixing?

salah.rahimi

Postby salah.rahimi » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm

I have just bought a Direto X last week and I am using My E-Training app on iPhone 7 plus.
Yesterday, I noticed that My E-Training app doesn’t show any information on cadence, and measures very small values for speed. I have attached a screen shot of the Advanced Parameters for your attention along with screen shots of power and speed graphs. As you can see, the speed registers normal values for the 3 minutes ride on 29/03/2020, while only shows very small figures for the two short runs from today. I don’t know what is different as I haven’t changed anything. Though, my Garmin watch has detected the speed sensor and shows both speed and cadence normally.
I have then switched to Zwift and I realised that the resistance fluctuates to extremely high levels despite of cycling at -1.2% slope. e.g., when start riding in NYC on the central park loop, the resistance will suddenly release extremely, following by an increase to what feels like max resistance.

image0.png
image0.png (174.04 KiB) Viewed 14354 times
image1.png
image1.png (168.74 KiB) Viewed 14354 times
image2.png
image2.png (159.14 KiB) Viewed 14354 times

Any idea how to resolve this?

Shaymcleod

Postby Shaymcleod » Sat May 09, 2020 2:15 pm

I have had the same issues with my belt. I purchased the trainer in late April last year and in early august the first belt snapped with clear signs of shredding along the lateral belt. I was right in the middle of a key build for Kona and this disrupted training for over two weeks while the distributor organised a new belt which the bike shop I purchased from replaced. The second belt lasted 5 months and the same thing happened. This time the belt and tension wheel was replace. It took 3 weeks. And now 3 weeks later I took the case of just to check and the belt is already not running true with it starting to shred along the lateral edge.
It is back at the shop. For an expensive piece of equipment this shouldn’t happen. It should be reliable. Instead it has cost me money as I am playing for both TrainerRoad and ROUVY subscriptions which I cannot use. Not to mention the extra time wasted dealing with this!
I have emailed Elite and they have offered to send another belt to me! Haha.

adrianagiraldo84

Postby adrianagiraldo84 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:04 pm

Acabo de comprar el élite drivo serie 44336, ID 3797A-2398. Aveces siento mucha resistencia.
El primer día funcionó perfecto con zwift, hoy volví a subirme y ya no me simula las pendientes, todo el tiempo es con la misma resistencia. Las pendientes de 15% parecen de 3%. No sé cuál debe ser el numero nde calibración correcto, será que me pueden decir cual es el numero que debe arrojar cuando hago la calibración por myEtraining? Gracias.

Johny32

Postby Johny32 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:53 pm

adrianagiraldo84 wrote:Acabo de comprar el élite drivo serie 44336, ID 3797A-2398. Aveces siento mucha resistencia.
El primer día funcionó perfecto con zwift, hoy volví a subirme y ya no me simula las pendientes, todo el tiempo es con la misma resistencia. Las pendientes de 15% parecen de 3%. No sé cuál debe ser el numero nde calibración correcto, será que me pueden decir cual es el numero que debe arrojar cuando hago la calibración por myEtraining? Gracias.

Mira por debajo de elle.
Debe encontrar el desplazamiento y el número de serie en etiquetas distintivas.

Shaymcleod

Postby Shaymcleod » Fri May 22, 2020 10:31 am

Shaymcleod wrote:I have had the same issues with my belt. I purchased the trainer in late April last year and in early august the first belt snapped with clear signs of shredding along the lateral belt. I was right in the middle of a key build for Kona and this disrupted training for over two weeks while the distributor organised a new belt which the bike shop I purchased from replaced. The second belt lasted 5 months and the same thing happened. This time the belt and tension wheel was replace. It took 3 weeks. And now 3 weeks later I took the case of just to check and the belt is already not running true with it starting to shred along the lateral edge.
It is back at the shop. For an expensive piece of equipment this shouldn’t happen. It should be reliable. Instead it has cost me money as I am playing for both TrainerRoad and ROUVY subscriptions which I cannot use. Not to mention the extra time wasted dealing with this!
I have emailed Elite and they have offered to send another belt to me! Haha.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 am

@shaymcleod,

I've checked with my colleagues.
Your case is really strange, as you had more break in a raw. My colleagues think the problem was on the mounting.
Anyway, the last proposal was to replace the complete trainer through the shop.
Unfortunately, due to the lockdown, we were not able to send new supplies to our distributors and this has caused a delay.
But now we're shipping again, so you should have your new trainer very soon.

Regards

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”