Slight thumping with flywheel

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

hacksau

Slight thumping with flywheel

Postby hacksau » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi
When the flywheel is turning I get a thump like with a untrue wheel. Happens when peddling or not. Seems to be getting worse. Coasting or pedaling does not matter. Does not seem to correlate with speed too much? Not sure. Could it be the belt. I have had the trainer a couple weeks and had not tried the calibration until after the thumping feeling today. It would not calibrate in etraining. No Matt how fast I pedaled.

hacksau

Re: Slight thumping with flywheel

Postby hacksau » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:42 pm

To add to this. It seems to work fine in Rouvy and Zwift. I can calibrate in Zwift. The calibration in etraining say start pedaling and then does not do anything more. I pedal slow then fast and still nothing.
The thumping does seem to be with the flywheel. It really feels like when I had something wrong with the wheel on a wheel on trainer. I would stop it and fix if it felt like this. I cannot fix the directo. I do need help.
Thanks!!

hacksau

Postby hacksau » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:15 am

So I got the calibration to work. The original number is 6482. Then calibration is 6481.

I think the problem was I did not get the trainer to be selected properly and detecting with Bluetooth in the etraining app.

Still have the thumping, thudding type sound/feel from the flywheel—more noticeable at higher rpm
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Mark

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:49 am

Hi

Do you think that you can show us this thumping through a video?
If it is so, please contact us and send us the video. We will check it.
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

hacksau

Postby hacksau » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:24 pm

Ok I will do that tonight. It will be interesting to see if it’s more the feeling than a sound.
Thank you!

hacksau

Postby hacksau » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:09 am

Sent video with new(2nd) ticket to Elite support for my thumping/knocking issue. You can here it at the end of the video. Seems a bit higher pitched than i hear on the bike. It is at the speed of the belt / flywheel—i think. I can also definitely feel it. Its not terrible. But more noticeable than my wheel on trainer when i had tread wear issues.
I think it started shortly after i have began using it. I have had the trainer about 2 weeks. It also seems to be worse once it warms up. Maybe belt stretch related?
Thank you for helping and thinking about my problem.
Mark

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:55 am

Hi Mark

I see that you're already in contact with one of our technicians.
When the problem will be solved, you can share here the result (it may be interesting for other users)

Regards

hacksau

Postby hacksau » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Thank you, i will. Elite support has been very quick, hopefully a fix soon.
Thanks!

hacksau

Postby hacksau » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:34 am

Received new belt and pulley today. Installed and calibrated. The problem seems to have gone away. Belt looks fine. Pulley may have been the issue. Elite support diagnosed the problem quickly and sent exactly what I needed to fix my trainer. Very happy with the quick and kind help. Thank you!
Mark

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”