Direto XR with Fuji

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

winstonsmith

Direto XR with Fuji

Postby winstonsmith » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:46 am

I have a Fuji Absolute 2.1 and was wondering if the Direto XR would work with it. I don't know much about road bikes or mountain bikes so I'm a little unsure if this is the trainer I should get. The XR appears to come with a cassette so I assume the Fuji can just hook right up to it, no issues? My bikes has 8 gears on the back wheel and 3 on the crank if that matters.

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto XR with Fuji

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:22 am

Hi

I see that your bike has a 8 speed cassette.
Our trainers support only 9-10-11speed cassettes.

Some users have been able to mount their 8sp bikes anyway, using some additional spacer and with the help of their trusted mechanic.
But we cannot guarantee the proper functionality of the gear in this condition.

Regards

winstonsmith

Postby winstonsmith » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 am

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I have a couple follow up questions if anyone could answer. I come from BMX so everything related to road bikes is a little confusing to me so far and these questions might sound silly. I want to be sure I know what I'm doing before I buy anything though. Is it possible to remove 3 gears from the cassette the trainer comes with and then add spacers? Or would I need to remove this cassette entirely and buy a new 8 speed cassette to put on here with spacers? (I'd rather not remove the cassette from the Fuji wheel). If I'd need to buy a new 8 speed cassette is it possible to buy this trainer with no cassette included? So I just need to buy a cassette like this one maybe?
https://www.bicyclebuys.com/shimano-altus-cs-hg31-8-speed-cassette-sprocket/1011031PART

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 am

Hi

I suggest you to purchase a 8speed cassette.
If you remove three chainrings, it won't probably work smoothly and you risk to ruin the gear.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”