Direto XR: Resistance issues with Zwift

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

omar_bauru

Direto XR: Resistance issues with Zwift

Postby omar_bauru » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing resistance issues when using Zwift. I am using the trainer and Zwift since Jan/21 and it was working perfectly. In the last month after some updates I started to notice some issues: 1) sometimes it is hard to start pedalling due to a very high resistance, 2) high and unreal resistance on flats, 3) Random lack of synchronization, so the trainer doesn't reflect the gradient in the screen, 4) High resistance when in decents.

In many cases as you keep trying the problem disappear or sometimes I turn of the trainer and try again.

I see the step motor working when I turn on the trainer and yesterda I used Elite App to ride varying the resistance level from 1 to 16 and I noticed that it seems to be working perfectly. The only thing I heard was a noise when I put the level 16; it is difficult to describe but this seemed to happen the the step motor shatf was in the maximum excursion.

Please, is there any reports about similar issues in the last weeks. Could it be a trainer problem, even though the evidences tell me it is not? I am using windows 10 since when I bought the trainer. The trainer is connected through ANT but the problem also happens with BLE.

Thanks for your attention.

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto XR: Resistance issues with Zwift

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:26 am

Hi

It would be interesting to do a similar kind of training using my e-training instead of Zwift. Did you try?
If you don't have an active subscription, contact us through the support page and we will give you a free coupon code to do the test
https://support.elite-it.com/

Regards

omar_bauru

Postby omar_bauru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:11 pm

I created a ticket in theelitr website asking for an App trial. Please, if possible to process the request today I would appreciate, so I can run the trainer test today and determine if it needs maintenance or not. I am understanding that testing only the 16 levels in the App is not enought to make sure the trainer is ok. Am I right? Thanks.

montellese73

Postby montellese73 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:50 am

Hello @omar_bauru,

I experience same behaviour but on a Direto (not XR). Did you find a solution to this issue or did it disappear with Zwift update ?

BR

Marc.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:51 am

Hi

Resistance issues can be related to interference, to the electronic board or to the motor, every case is different and must be analyzed separately.
In Omar's case the problem was due to the internal motor and we decided to replace the trainer.

Regards

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”