Direto XR Setup and Teardown Hack..

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

beedee101

Direto XR Setup and Teardown Hack..

Postby beedee101 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:59 am

Hi all,

Thank you in advance, and this is my first post, first experience with the unit that I thought I would share.

I found for my needs, some durable protection is nice to have, a bump strip at the ends of the feet, as well as the end where the Direto XR label is.

I chose the Direto XR for its performance, as well its ability to be packed up into a neat unit for storage, as I live in an apartment unit and would like some additional floor space when not training. The setup and teardown is fairly quick, but you do want to take some care while doing so.

What I have done, is to cut 15mm lengths of 8mm diameter tubing available from a hardware store, then split open the tubeing and stick/glue/attach to the end edges of the three feet and the end of the trainer. It is because when packing up the unit it is easiest to tilt the Direto XR at an angle to access the two locking screws to fold the arms away.

If I was doing this on a bare floor it would eventually wear or damage the unit, or it slides away from me, now the bump strips protects and stops it from moving while I fold the legs close or open.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”