Erg Mode Nightmare

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

peterhatch428

Erg Mode Nightmare

Postby peterhatch428 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:47 pm

Every time I turn on Erg mode it's like the resistance is at 100%. Pedaling even in my lowest gear is impossibly hard. I've tried spinning up the trainer in resistance mode and then switching to Erg while I'm already at the wattage I want it to maintain, and still it will just pile on the resistance until it's impossible to turn the cranks. I know Erg mode is supposed to feel a little weird, but this is impossible, and honestly feels like it's completely un-useable.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this running correctly?

hernandez_christ

Re: Erg Mode Nightmare

Postby hernandez_christ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:25 am

Hi

Have you tried to calibrate it?
If you rude using another app, does it work fine or not better?

Finally you may contact the support directly.

karhu

Re: Erg Mode Nightmare

Postby karhu » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:12 pm

Now this is interesting.

I had the same problem as OP; the trainer would crank resistance up to the max a few seconds after I began my ride; in ERG mode but (as far as I understand?) before ERG actually kicked in. I got this every time I tried, both in Zwift and MyETraining, so not platform dependent. Newish trainer, with 50 hours on it, no issues so far.

I had calibrated the trainer a week ago - it's in a cool space so I do this often. No notable fluctuations in temperatures, humidity etc. so I wasn't expecting trouble.

Still thought I'd recalibrate before crying 'warranty!'. It worked; the trainer got a ride going and seems to work normally. I was not yet able to test it on an actual training pass, because my training time tonight was spent reading manuals and forums and trying possible fixes.

But well - at least it seems to work now. I hope OP resolved their issue as well. These things seem to be more fickle than I thought.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”