Direto and Zwift resistance issues

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

declercqpeter

Re: Direto and Zwift resistance issues

Postby declercqpeter » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:36 pm

Having exact same issue...
- starting ride with a gigantic brake on. moving forwards obliges me to stand up the pedals an pushing with all weight to try to spin the pedals around... Almost impossible!
- trainer is almost 2y old, never had issues until last months
- zwift calibration is impossible as I can't reach 33kmh having that brake on- When trying to reach a decent cadence having that break on, trainer starts making a ratling noise :o

* Running on Firmware 078, seems that one is already 2y old?
* Would be nice if an Elite moderator would kinda offer support/advice here!
* Is there any maintenance required to the smarttrainer?

If someone has found the solutiin to resolve, please share! (I 'm not waiting to read "buy wahoo" or "buy tacx" :P )

Peter

steve.hammatt

Postby steve.hammatt » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:14 am

declercqpeter wrote:Having exact same issue...
- starting ride with a gigantic brake on. moving forwards obliges me to stand up the pedals an pushing with all weight to try to spin the pedals around... Almost impossible!

Have you opened a ticket with Elite support?

tom3k5

Postby tom3k5 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:58 am

I just bought new one XR-T. The same issue.
It is how software is working, not the issue with the hardware - hardware is working OK.

The situation is that if you cadence (RPM) goes to low for the intervals (or starting up) with high W, and you are not on the highest gear on the bike - there is no possibility to back on track/ start the riding.

So maybe there is a switch in the trainer app to be added like - if RPM <10 disengage brakes (or parameter to be changed by the user), and required changes in the firmware?

tom3k5

Postby tom3k5 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:09 am

Generally it should be changed how Elite is behaving (e.g. as an option).
If in ERG mode and you are dropping cadence during training the resistance should be reduced to not put you into a death spiral of ever lower cadence.

Right now there is only one solution - temporary turn off ERG mode in eg Swift to go back on track and resume ERG.

So any plan for the new firmware for Diretto XR/XR-T?

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”