Direto and Zwift resistance issues

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

GordyGilkison

Direto and Zwift resistance issues

Postby GordyGilkison » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:33 pm

Hi,

I have been using my Direto with Zwift on my iPad connected via Bluetooth for 2 years with no issues. Now suddenly I have two issues which may or may not be related.

1. When I start riding on Zwift, the resistance is set really high so that it is almost impossible to ride (spinning up to 85 cadence in mid gear generates about 400 watts). The only way to warm up at around 150 watts is to spin very slowly in lowest gear. After a few minutes, the trainer makes an unusual groaning noise for a few seconds and sorts itself out.

2. Mid ride the resistance suddenly falls away and power drops to about 50 watts and then over the course of a few seconds resistance increases to what is was. This happens roughly 4 or 5 times in a 1 hour ride.

Grateful for any advice on how to resolve this as it doesn't look like Elite support are being responsive at the moment. Thanks, Gordy

andyking

Re: Direto and Zwift resistance issues

Postby andyking » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:16 pm

Hi

I am having this exact issue - did you manage to find a solution?

fernulv

Postby fernulv » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:22 pm

Same problem för me. Hard as hell in the beginning. Impossible ti do calibration.
Like you opened the side and cleane/regrease the screw.
After a while sort itself out.
Sometimes in mid-training ERG-mode goes crazy and raises the resistance +100-200w. Disconnecting/reconnecting ERG solves this after a while but it messes up the training.

See that your post is almost 2 years.......any solution?

placebo_09

Postby placebo_09 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:21 pm

I am having similar issues here with power fall offs when riding in ERG mode, but not with high resistance when I start riding.

limouzin.thomas

Postby limouzin.thomas » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:40 pm

I had a similar problem : everything was allright for 1 year and a few weeks ago the Erg mode began to have some "little" problems. And today it is impossible ton ride with the Erg mode on. I tried to upgrade my HT with upgrado, but it failed.

james278

Postby james278 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Same issue here.
Start to pedal and an hardly get one spin around (apparently putting down 300w).
Only way I can get 5mins of riding is by turning off Elite, keep spinning, then turn back on with zwift already loaded. but then goes super resistance 5-10mins later.
Been going on about 2 weeks now

flr1999

Postby flr1999 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:01 pm

Hi,
It seems I have the same issue using TrainerRoad.
I have systematically one, two or three power/resistance losses at the beginning of my workouts for around 2 months. While I am pedalling, the resistance of my home trainer stops (and so the power) and goes back one or two seconds after to reach the target power.
My Ht is an Elite Direto. I did not face any problem for 3 years now with both this HT and TrainerRoad. I also use the same Iphone since October.

jnjh3976

Postby jnjh3976 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:55 pm

Hi, I am having an issue with very little resistance on starting up on zwift. I will enter a race and then run out of gears as I cant spin the pedals quick enough to generate sufficient watts. I run out of gears going up hill, I am in the small ring rear and big ring up top. It does correct itself majority of the time if I start zwift, pedal, then unpair and go into elite training and put the resistance on here and then go back to zwift. Works 7 out of 10 times. Any solutions appreciated - John

Brent

Postby Brent » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:22 pm

I've had the same issues, you just need to power thru it I guess. Pretty frustrating.

jnjh3976

Postby jnjh3976 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:39 pm

Hi Brent, did the problem just sort itself out or do you still get it? John

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”