Direto X Resistance too high to even pedal

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jwmj

Direto X Resistance too high to even pedal

Postby jwmj » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am

Had my Direto X since May and up until this morning been very pleased.

However today the resistance is so high I cannot even turn the pedals, it is quite often high at start up but never this high.

Been trying now for 30 minutes to pedal but no luck.

Contacted Support and told I will get an answer in 3 days, any ideas how I can solve this problem.

I need the miles!!!

bjornlin

Re: Direto X Resistance too high to even pedal

Postby bjornlin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi, I have a simplare problem while doing workout on Zwift. Suddenly the pedals is stuck in what I think is the highest resistance.

d.s.thomas.92

Postby d.s.thomas.92 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 pm

I have the same problem. Started in slope simulation mode but now also in Erg mode. Direto XR is unusable. Have sent diagnostics to Customer Care but the take 3 days between communications. Been over a week with no real help so far. My system is only 1 week old when it started (2 weeks now as the support has taken so long). I have updated the My E Training app but not updated the firmware on the device since I got it. Have not tried Swift yet as I don't want to waste the trial on a system that does't work

fab4mas

Postby fab4mas » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi All,

same problem for me with Zwift workout in ERG mode. The resistance is soo high at the beginnin of the workout that i can move pedal only with maximun effort. After a few centimeters the resistance drops and i can enter the workout.

I also have a direto 2017 and this never happend...it seems that zwift fails to 'reset' the resistance when an ERG Workout starts.

walter128

Postby walter128 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 pm

Dear All,
I decided to try and solve this issue myself after no support from Elite was forthcoming.
I am by no means an expert but I would like to share my experience as I did mange to achieve an improvement in the situation.

Basically this problem can be avoided in ERG mode (Rouvy Workout iOS App) by doing the following:

- do not start the workout on the app before starting pedalling (might be difficult if using a laptop to control the trainer) the app should be running and connected to trainer
- start pedalling in an easy gear, small ring in the front, cassette about the middle maybe one or two rings above (larger) and get a good high cadence going
- start the workout and remain in this gear, adjust watts/slope/FTP% in the app or follow your automatic erg programm as per usual
- as recommended in many other posts do your ERG mode workout just in this gear (small ring in front, middle towards easy gear at the back)
- if you need to pause your workout, pause the training session on the app, stop pedalling, let the trainer spin down fully
- when ready to restart, start pedalling (same gear ratio as above) get a good high cadence going
- continue the training on the app

I found with this method the almost impossible resistance from the trainer can be avoided, and your workout can be started and paused easily.

My unqualified theory is that, as mentioned in other forums concerning ERG mode, there is a bug where the trainer reports low cadence and the app immediately instructs a very high resistance to try to get the required Watts, in an easier gear its easier to get up to a high cadence quickly and avoid this plus if there is a resistance spike its easier to break through it quickly in an easy gear.

In simulation mode (Rouvy AR Routes etc.), before pausing, I would also recommend changing to the gear ratio mentioned above. starting doesnt seem to be an issue.

In summary, the key to avoiding the unbreakable resistance seems to be having a high cadence going and easy gear when starting or restarting!

hope this helps, Ride On!

Rixter

Postby Rixter » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:46 am

Hi Walter,

I've only noticed the problem with Rouvy as well. I found the cure seems to be to start pedaling for a minute or so, BEORE launching the Rouvy Workout app. Don't know why, but for me that's the fix. Rouvy support is hopeless so not expecting them to solve it.

Ric

ik2ulb

Postby ik2ulb » Sat May 06, 2023 7:48 pm

up to messages.

i have same problem fw 078 and last zwift.

someone told me that the problem can be solved with a new json file ...is it thrue?

depressionfit

Postby depressionfit » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:53 am

bjornlin wrote:Hi, I have a simplare problem while doing workout on Zwift. Suddenly the pedals is stuck in what I think is the highest resistance.connections

me too

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”