Direto XR hard resistance at the start.

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jsti1000

Re: Direto XR hard resistance at the start.

Postby jsti1000 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:37 pm

I have a lot of problems with erg mode and other issues. I thought that is trainer fault. But more I know. More I understand that was always me. And still. When I have issues today usually is me not doing things right. Youtube... For each issue there is a solution. It is little too learn but you can do it.

Rixter

Postby Rixter » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Nope it's not quite like that. The flywheel is almost completely locked up. Not nearly the same as starting off on an outdoor ride, unless maybe you're starting on a 24% gradient

jsti1000 wrote:Like outside. When you start riding you must stand up on pedals to start if you stop. Smart trainer will simulate that situation to. Isn't that awesome :)

chad.sankey

Postby chad.sankey » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Has anyone solved this? I’ve got the same issue - I’m busting my tendons to get it moving then (if I can) the resistance drops away to normal. I need to decide if this is a product issue - if so I’m returning it in the 14 day window.

gaspie

Postby gaspie » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:23 am

Yes it is product issue and Elite is doing nothing about it. I hear many complaints from people who just bought the trainer and have problem to start pedalling. Why the brake is set to maximum before the first turn of the pedals? This should be easily fixable by firmware update, but Elite does not listen to their customers.
So, return the faulty product as many other people do.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:42 am

Hi guys

I suppose you're using ERG mode.
In ERG mode, the resistance of the trainer is based on the target power and the speed at which you're pedaling.
So, if you have set a high power (for example 300W) and you're pedaling at low speed, resistance will be set very high.

When you create an ERG mode training, we suggest to add a first segment at low power so you have the time to adapt your pedaling to the requested power.

That said, if resistance goes up without reason instead, there may be some problem (maybe interference or some other device connected to the trainer at the same time). In this case, do a test by powering off all the wireless devices in the area and check if the issue disappear.
If still you have the same issue, contact us from here:
https://support.elite-it.com/
Please remember to add also your serial number on the request.

Regards

gaspie

Postby gaspie » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:05 pm

It happens no matter if erg or incline mode is selected. The trainer "locks" itself before a rider even starts pedalling. This issue has been reported many times without actual Elite response.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:40 pm

@gaspie,

please contact the customer care to investigate the situation:

Regards

cedricg_38

Postby cedricg_38 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:50 am

Still the same problem with Direto XR. Each start of Zwift is a pain !
I had no this problem with Direto X.

Regards

12_fab1o

Postby 12_fab1o » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:00 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:@gaspie,

please contact the customer care to investigate the situation:

Regards

I have exactly the same problem and it is a shame that you (@Elite Admin S) are not even giving an answer to our complaints.
I tried to contact the support centre but after I filled in all the fields (and even removed my bike from the trainer to lift it and get the serial number), the server answered that the ticket service is not working!!!!

Please contact me and provide me with a professional support as a real company should do.

lubbertbosma

Postby lubbertbosma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:41 pm

Good evening,

I have a Direto, first gen. Lately a lot of problems. A really hard rattle comes from the trainer, caused by the servo motor.

The trainer generates only more and more resistance sometimes not going lighter. This happens a lot, have to power powerdown the trainer multiple times, before the resistance normal agian. At trainer power-up, the servo motor retracts the magnets to a microswitch (zero point) and then goes a little bit forward. But if the magnets are at max resistance, is never gets to is't zeropoint in 1 powerup. This is clearly firmware issue, cause the retraction time at power-up is to short. Then most of the times i have to restart zwift and everything.

Powerdrops, suddenly the resistance is completly gone, mostly in ERG mode, duration of this is between 3 and 6 seconds. Appearing very regularly, multiple times in 1 training.

At this point the trainer is not usable anymore, frustrating to the max. I'm planning to buy a new one, but reading here that Elite is not doing much on the problems. Maybe i should lookout to something else.

Cheers,

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”