Direto XR problems with ERG mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

enesto

Re: Direto XR problems with ERG mode

Postby enesto » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 am

Hi,
this is absolutely what's happening to me.

I'm doing Zwift Build me up plan, where you have many RPM changes between one interval and the other.

No way to have a stable power output.
When instead I can mantain the same cadence, both the transition and the stability are acceptable (some spikes, but average value is there more or less).

Yesterday I made a workout with 5x30 sec 115/345 watts... no way to get to 345 just after 20 seconds, when the interval was almost over...
Average power was way off from the target (311,314,308,305,311 Vs 345 target).
Tried any combination of crank/gear... no way to get it in 30 seconds as the cadence must be pushed to 100 as requested by the training plan for these intervals.

I think this is a tech limit of these trainers and it's up to us to say if it's enough for us.
Peronally I decided to follow the RPM indication and accept a not corresponding power level, but doing the opposite can grant a better target W results...

I never tried other trainers, but looking at this comparison (kickr vs Tacx Neo) I can see that Neo is super stable, kickr less, but both are better than Direto, even if the stability, in cadence, is worst than ours...
https://www.smartbiketrainers.com/erg-m ... x-neo-2469

Again, I sent my files to Elite and they confirmed everything's ok with my trainer, so I have to assume that this is the case.

Cheers.
E.

rederik1979

Postby rederik1979 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:42 am

Now i make a training with MyEtraining, this is suggested from elite support. Yesterday i have tryed to make a part of a traing program and the trainer has worked very very good, fast to reach the power target. Today will try a complete workout on myetraining app....will see

kupoceptor

Postby kupoceptor » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:30 am

thomas.luckner wrote:Today I tried to do a workout in Zwift wih smoothing set to 1.
The result was pretty surprising. It was the best I‘ve every reached.
Normally I would have expected that by setting the value higher not lower?

Thanks!

I was having issues where erg mode would drop resistance so I was always ~15% below target power. Almost gave up on using erg mode until I saw this post and gave it a try, now it seems to work perfectly.

buexxx

Postby buexxx » Tue May 04, 2021 11:14 am

kupoceptor wrote:I was having issues where erg mode would drop resistance so I was always ~15% below target power. Almost gave up on using erg mode until I saw this post and gave it a try, now it seems to work perfectly.

Same issue. Changing "smoothing"-parameter don't make a difference. At the beginning I had 10% below target power on Zwift (after a warmup period) and i fixed it putting the target at 110%. After testing an other platform (Bkool) with similar issues the workaround don't work anymore on Zwift

The ERG-problem still unfixed since half a year...

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue May 04, 2021 12:35 pm

@buexxx,

In Zwift, open the settings and be sure that the power display option is on "instant" and not on "3 sec avg". Let me know if this solves the problem.
Also check if you have the same issue using my e-training.

Regards

Dwhight

Postby Dwhight » Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:@buexxx,

In Zwift, open the settings and be sure that the power display option is on "instant" and not on "3 sec avg". Let me know if this solves the problem.

Regards

Finally something from Elite that seems to have made a difference! I've set power smoothness to 1 and in Zwift set power display option to instant and this has made a big difference. Its not perfect like my older Tacx Vortex (more than half the price of the Direto) but it keeps to within 5-10% of watts now as opposed to 20+% difference it was doing beforehand. Also it now goes above and below the set ERG watts by 5-10% whereas before it was pretty much always below the ERG watts and struggled to get near the set watts. Now this is something i can work with.

buexxx

Postby buexxx » Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:@buexxx,

Regards

No, it don't! Later more...

buexxx

Postby buexxx » Wed May 05, 2021 9:25 am

Yesterday I changed the Zwift-settings to "instant" with no effect to the problems. During the Warmup where the ERG-mode work perfect every time I made a calibration an switched the "smoothing"-setting to level 3.

During the first effort of 90 sec the Direto deviated from the target by 25-30%!!! So the workaround to push the target to 110% do not Work anymore!

Before a later 90-sec-effort I changed the powermeter- and cadence-sensor to 4iiii. The graph became a little more edgy but the deviation remained.

With any frustration I changed the gear and gave more power to the pedals - now the trainer react complete insane. From this point the trainer ignored the target completely.

I' m totally disappointed. Thats not what I paid for! Now the warranty-period is over because I get this Direto XR as replacement for the broken Direto II...

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 05, 2021 9:38 am

Hi

I think it's necessary to contact our customer care.
Please do a calibration in my e-training and take note of the offset value you get.
Then contact us through the support page of our site:
https://support.elite-it.com
Add your serial number and the calibration offset in the mail

Regards

paoloprevitali71

Postby paoloprevitali71 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Ovviamente ho anch'io lo stesso drammatico problema delle fluttuazioni di potenza, allego il penoso grafico
del lavoro di questa mattina.
Pensavo di ovviare al problema con i pedali assioma Duo essendo un utilizzatore incallito di Zwift ho bisogno di grafici
reali per lavorare sui miei miglioamenti.
Dopo giorni di prove e trasmissioni dati ad Elite ticket 123487 ed Assioma ho scoperto che non sono compatibili
tra loro per l'utilizzo di Zwift.
Il controllabile con assioma richiede circa 30 watts in piu' del dovuto.
Ovviamente tutto calibrato e tutto verificato da Elite, Assioma e Zwift
Sono delusissimo, pensavo di aver comprato un Top di gamma ed invece....
Devono almeno informare gli acquirenti di questi problemi, oltre all'impossibilita' di calibrazione con Zwift
Nessun aggiornamento previsto da Elie.
Paolo
Attachments
1625573101134.png
1625573101134.png (232.6 KiB) Viewed 11375 times

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”