level mode not working

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

heiko

level mode not working

Postby heiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:27 pm

i own a Direto (hardware 002, firmware 052). Coupled with an iPad, so it’s a Bluetooth connection.
In certain situations the trainer fails to activate level mode in Sufferfest. Specificially, this happened twice in the session "Half Monty" after a ERG-ramp test. The following part is supposed to be level mode. But no matter which level i choose, the trainer stays at a very low resistance. I have been contacting sufferfest support and this is what they replied:

"It does seem quite similar to what we are seeing with other Elite users.
Unfortunately, this issue has presented with several models of Elite trainers over the past year and we are unable to find a resolution for it. The issue seems to be with the trainer itself and not with anything in the app or the connections.
Some have found that using Level mode in the Elite app first for about 15 minutes, and then switching to The Sufferfest app that the issue is sometimes resolved. You can certainly try that out. However, I also would recommend that you reach out to Elite to see if they have a fix for the issue. (Generally, they seem to blame it on the app because Level mode will work properly in their app)."

Is there any way to solve it? The recommendations (see above) did not work for me. Since there have been 0 (ZERO) firmware updates for the trainer in all these years, it seems Elite considers the firmware to be perfect/bugfree?

Elite Admin S

Re: level mode not working

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 am

Hi

The situation is not completely clear.
You wrote that it happens a couple of times in half an hour.
When it happens, the trainer doesn't change level anymore? Or simply it miss one command and the next ones are properly received?
When this happens, the trainer stops receiving any kind of commands? Data are properly shown? This happens also if you use ERG mode?

Regards

heiko

Postby heiko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi,

when this happens, the trainer does not react to mode-change-commands anymore. So i switch a couple of times forth and back through the levels 0 to 9 and ERG but nothing changes at all - trainer stays at the same (low) resistance. Power and cadence is still properly displayed. No issue with regular ERG mode training sessions.

The very last reply from Sufferfest support:

"Unfortunately, as I've mentioned before, we've been de-bugging this issue for over a year and have not been able to make any progress. I'm terribly sorry about that. The best solution that we have so far, that seems to work for some people and not others is the following:

- open the MyETraining app and ride for 15 minutes in level mode. Shut down the MyETraining app and connect to The Sufferfest app and test out level mode. Some users have found that this works, and that eventually, they can just connect without needing to set the trainer in the Elite app first.

Zwift uses SIM mode or ERG mode and not Level mode. So this is why testing Level mode in Zwift doesn't really test level mode.
Again, I'm sorry that this trainer is causing you some grief. And I'm doubly sorry that Elite won't acknowledge the issue."

Apparently there is no solution and, like i said, you (Elite) considers the Direto firmware 100% bugfree. This is also what your support told me. I will probably give up and sell the trainer which is an expensive and sad outcome.

heiko

Postby heiko » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:55 pm

i jumped the ship - ordered a Kickr Core. i don't trust Elite anymore with their "our initial firmware is perfect" claim. Good luck to everyone.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:56 am

I'm sorry Heiko.
We have scheduled some test on Sufferfest, please can you write me more details about the type of training you did so I can try to reproduce the issue?
You can write me also in pm if you prefer

Regards

kmmylin

Postby kmmylin » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi there

I was wondering if this issue was ever fixed because I am having exactly the same problem.
I am using a Qubo Digital Smart B+ Trainer which works well in ERG mode within the Sufferfest app. However, when trying to switch to the Level mode the Trainer does not respond. The resistance remains the same in all levels (0-9) resulting in me spinning out at roughly 250W and unable to do the Full Frontal test.

I tried the myETraining app and here the Level mode works. I can even hear the trainer adjust the resistance as I increase the level (1-16).
I have also used the Trainer in Zwift where free rides worked without any problems.

I have tried connecting to my iPhone XR as well as my Windows laptop using Bluetooth.
Additionally, I have tried removing the trainer and adding it again, switching between the virtual sufferfest speed and trainer speed but everything without any results. I am using a cadence sensor from Magene.

Any help would be helpful.
Kind regards
Kim

fantapol

Postby fantapol » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:18 am

Hi,
I've got the same problem... the level mode seems to only work the first time after resetting power to trainer.
Has there been a solution?? It is very annoying to do this.

ptodorov

Postby ptodorov » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:42 am

Hi ,

I just decided to try Sufferfest but the same Level mode issue...calibration on elite app done...zwift working perfect...here no chance. Levels from 0 to 9 are the same,no resistance. I don't have enough cogs to reach 200Watts or I need to pedal with 300 cadence.

Hope to have a solution!

P.S.....my Eliite Suito T is not in the list of trainers that you can choose from in Sufferfest..starnge

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:57 am

This kind of issue must be verified through some specific test.
So, it's necessary to contact our customer care:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

lunadam

Postby lunadam » Wed May 10, 2023 4:05 am

kmmylin wrote:Hi there

I was wondering if this issue was ever fixed because I am having exactly the same problem.
I am using a Qubo Digital Smart B+ Trainer which works well in ERG mode within the Sufferfest app. However, when trying to switch to the Level mode the Trainer does not respond. The resistance remains the same in all levels (0-9) resulting in me spinning out at roughly 250W and unable to do the Full Frontalbackrooms game test.

I tried the myETraining app and here the Level mode works. I can even hear the trainer adjust the resistance as I increase the level (1-16).
I have also used the Trainer in Zwift where free rides worked without any problems.

I have tried connecting to my iPhone XR as well as my Windows laptop using Bluetooth.
Additionally, I have tried removing the trainer and adding it again, switching between the virtual sufferfest speed and trainer speed but everything without any results. I am using a cadence sensor from Magene.

Any help would be helpful.
Kind regards
Kim

me too

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”