Rouvy not affecting resistance on Direto

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

pauljudge

Rouvy not affecting resistance on Direto

Postby pauljudge » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:50 am

Hi,

I use Zwift, RGT and Rouvy. I note that while Rouvy measures watts and speed via direto (I do not have an x) however it does not change the resistance I feel through the trainer. Is this an issue with Rouvy as RGT and swift both change the resistance I feel or is it a direto issue? Rouvy works by simulating what I'm doing on screen but I feel nothing in the direto I just have to pedal hard.

Why would rouvy not allow direto to experince resistance, you sponsor one of their races!

Elite Admin S

Re: Rouvy not affecting resistance on Direto

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi

Probably it's only a configuration issue with Rouvy. It should work properly with the trainer.
Contact their customer care

Regards

pauljudge

Postby pauljudge » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:35 am

Have been on to customer service at Rouvy, they are very fast in replying which is good. They asked me to remove the trainer from the other app on my Apple TV (i had Zwift and RGT) at there may be a conflict.

I manually discounted the other apps on Apple TV. I also created a route from strava of a local route to test resistance. I unplugged the trainer pluged back in and checked the resistance in rouvy.

Initial test worked, allowed resistance to be applied based on route gradient. However, about an hour after the test, I went back and was about to do a longer ride and there was no resistance again.

I deleted the other apps completely and also deleted rouvy from the Apple TV. Unplugged the trainer. Reinstalled rouvy and logged and connected with the trainer. Tried a number of routes but still no resistance. Even the one I added and initially got resistance on wasn’t offering any.

As they requested I checked the firmware with elite app and it’s says it up to date.

pauljudge

Postby pauljudge » Fri May 01, 2020 12:35 am

So I got a reply form Rouvy on this.

Unfortunately, the direto trainer is not fully supported by the Rouvy AR app, because this trainer doesn´t have BLE FTMS protocol.

You can still use it in the Rouvy Workouts app. So not Rouvy AR

Johny32

Postby Johny32 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Im using a Direto + Rouvy and till now, i havent any problems with that.
The only thing to keep in mind when using Rouvy AR is to ensure a Bluetooth 4.0 connection between the two (on the laptop, tablet or smartphone).
Then, select your controllable Directo in the connections window, choose the free trip to perform a calibration before each trip and you are ready to go.

pauljudge

Postby pauljudge » Sat May 02, 2020 8:48 am

Thank Johnny. I'm on the Apple TV, not sure how to "set Bluetooth 4 in that. Apple usually applied that automatically. What are you run rouvy Ar on and what do you mean by "free Trip"?

Also doing a little more research I have discovered that direto does have FTMS protocol in fact accord to DC rainmaker (link below) it was one of the first to have it. so I'm not sure what rouvy is talking above. Would love to get this sorted.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09/eli ... eview.html

Johny32

Postby Johny32 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi Pauljudge,

The 4.0 stand for the new bluetooth (BT) versions (since 2009), and it means that the connection is quicker than before. Its like the USB 2.0, 3.0, 4.0.
Im running desktop with windows and a smartphone with android and both have BT 4.0 connections.

Take a look at here: https://support.rouvy.com/s/article/Blu ... uage=en_US

pauljudge

Postby pauljudge » Sat May 02, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi Johny,

Yes the Apple TV does offer Bluetooth 4 and 5 (see here https://www.apple.com/au/apple-tv-4k/specs/) so I think its just the Rouvy app in Apple that's the issue. Assuming that the direto does support FRMS as DCrainmaker states.

kiwiphilip

Postby kiwiphilip » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:02 pm

I have the same problem. Both TrainerRoad and MyElite will control the trainer but not Rouvy. The power is being transmitted to the IPad Air and speeds up and slows down the calculated speed shown by Rouvy as the gradient changes but the resistance is just that from the Elite flywheel.

spb

Postby spb » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:16 am

Has this issue been resolved now, does anyone know? It's been a bit over a year so I'm hoping it might have been.

I was about to buy a Direto for use with Rouvy and Google threw up this thread. If they're not going to work together that'd be a lot of money wasted!

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”