My noise and grinding problem resolved

Moderators: Elite Admin S, Elite Admin M

jorgenvos2000

My noise and grinding problem resolved

Postby jorgenvos2000 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Some time ago my Direto started becoming noisy and it felt like I was grinding at something and having chain skips and similar sensations. I thought at first that there were some bearings going bad but I could not find anything wrong when inspecting them.

This week I found a nut that I could tighten and that resolved my problem. My Direto is running quiet and smooth again. Here is what I did:

- When you remove the outer casing on the drive side (where the cassette is) you will see a red plastic wheel that acts as a fan.
- Between the red when and where the drive belt runs around an axle, there is a washer and a nut.
- The washer which is close to the drive belt was rattling so I tightened the nut in the direction of the washer. Now the washer is not moving anymore.
- The red wheel was looser after this and vibrating at high rotations. I could not tighten the screw that attaches it to the axle so I applied teflon tape (the white tape used for plumbing) between the nut and the wheel. That took care of the vibration.

Hope this helps you if you are having similar problems.

moisesilva.16

Re: My noise and grinding problem resolved

Postby moisesilva.16 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:39 pm

Hello the noise have ever or only when you going up much time, because after i make the calibracion on zwift ever i go up alpe the zwift has one strange noise and i dont know why

jorgenvos2000

Re: My noise and grinding problem resolved

Postby jorgenvos2000 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:08 am

I think it was worse on steeper roads but don't really remember

Return to “Direto & Direto X”