Direto resistance control problems

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

drake19

Direto resistance control problems

Postby drake19 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:50 pm

Hello everyone,,
I've had my Direto for several months now, and it use it mainly with Zwift and Trainer Road, connecting to an iPhone using Bluetooth.
However, in order for either of these apps to control the trainer resistance (e.g. erg mode in Trainer Road for workouts, or Zwift controlling trainer resistance to simulate slopes), I must always "reset" the Direto by plugging it out, then back in, before starting either of these apps. If I do not "reset" the trainer in this way, the Direto can connect successfully to these apps, but neither app can control the resistance of the Direto (I only use/connect with one app at a time).100001.onl/ 1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail
Where I encounter problems is when I'm in the middle of a ride, and for whatever reason, Trainer Road or Zwift loses connection with my Direto - when Trainer Road / Zwift regains the connection to the Direto, these apps are not able to control resistance of the Direto, and I need to both "reset" the Direto by plugging out, then back in, and also restart Trainer Road / Zwift. Thsi is frustrating, as I need to abandon a workout or ride, and then restart.
This does not happen with the My-E-Training App, hence this problem is in the interaction between the Direto trainer, and 3rd party software. The challenge when it comes to problems like this is the trainer manufacturer says its a problem with the training software, and the training software company says its a problem with the trainer - making it hard to find a resolution.
I'm posting this here to see if anyone can provide recommendations to fix this. Would appreciate any help. Cheers,.

grisha87

Re: Direto resistance control problems

Postby grisha87 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:27 pm

Hey!

Starting from a couple of days I'm experiencing some serious problems with my Direto X.

When I'm using the Elite App training in the "Level Mode", I'm changing the level setting from 1-16 and there's no difference in resistance - it behaves quite "flat".

On the other hand I'm using Training Peaks to structure my biking workouts and then these are pulled into Rouvy which controls the trainer load - adjusts the resistance so that I generate the right number of FTP% Watts. Once I start the workout even on warm-up (45% FTP) - this should be around 112W - the trainer starts to generate a very high resistance which is putting me into over 320W immediately. Then it shifts the resistance up and down, seeking for the right value. It feels like the resistance changes in a sine-wave manner, high and load are periodically changing within a short period of time.

The image below depicts an example workout. At the 20 minute mark I decided to drop down the "target" FTP to 0% which made the trainer to go completely flat, and then I shifted gears to generate the desired 190W which was my training target.

I've tested this with my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2 - in case of both devices this behaves exactly the same.

DiretoXFluctuations.png
DiretoXFluctuations.png (81.67 KiB) Viewed 8236 times

My theory here is that there's some problem with controlling the resistance of the trainer - Elite App fails to set the resistance based on the level from 1-16. Other apps like Rouvy attempt to set the resistance to fit the training targets, but since the functionality is broken, they end up in that "range seeking" behavior to which the trainer responds by setting too high or too low resistance.

@Admins, please advise what should be done with this. Or perhaps someone from the forums had similar issues?

I'm going to contact my retailer tomorrow regarding this, we'll see if they can help somehow.

dominikerhardt

Postby dominikerhardt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Could Elite oder anyone else help you? Do you have some advises for me? I have the same problem.

nicolas.belaud40

Postby nicolas.belaud40 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:58 pm

grisha87 wrote:Hey!

Starting from a couple of days I'm experiencing some serious problems with my Direto X.

When I'm using the Elite App training in the "Level Mode", I'm changing the level setting from 1-16 and there's no difference in resistance - it behaves quite "flat".

On the other hand I'm using Training Peaks to structure my biking workouts and then these are pulled into Rouvy which controls the trainer load - adjusts the resistance so that I generate the right number of FTP% Watts. Once I start the workout even on warm-up (45% FTP) - this should be around 112W - the trainer starts to generate a very high resistance which is putting me into over 320W immediately. Then it shifts the resistance up and down, seeking for the right value. It feels like the resistance changes in a sine-wave manner, high and load are periodically changing within a short period of time.

The image below depicts an example workout. At the 20 minute mark I decided to drop down the "target" FTP to 0% which made the trainer to go completely flat, and then I shifted gears to generate the desired 190W which was my training target.

I've tested this with my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2 - in case of both devices this behaves exactly the same.

DiretoXFluctuations.png

My theory here is that there's some problem with controlling the resistance of the trainer - Elite App fails to set the resistance based on the level from 1-16. Other apps like Rouvy attempt to set the resistance to fit the training targets, but since the functionality is broken, they end up in that "range seeking" behavior to which the trainer responds by setting too high or too low resistance.

@Admins, please advise what should be done with this. Or perhaps someone from the forums had similar issues?

I'm going to contact my retailer tomorrow regarding this, we'll see if they can help somehow.

Hi

I have a similar problem. Have you got a solution With your CYCLE shop ?

TY

Nico

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu May 21, 2020 10:08 am

Hi guys

This kind of issue must be analyzed through some test.
Please contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com

Regards

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”