Zwift Super-Tuck

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Rixter

Zwift Super-Tuck

Postby Rixter » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:41 pm

I have a Direto that I really enjoy. One frustration I have when racing on Zwift, is how long it takes for the cadence to stop calculating so that you can perform a Super-Tuck (https://zwift.com/news/15631-super-tuck).

If on a steep downhill descent, watts can be saved and speed increased when in a Super-Tuck. With the Direto, when you stop pedaling, the flywheel is still going for as long as 30 seconds which keeps the cadence going even though you're NOT pedaling. This prevents Zwift from putting you into a Super-Tuck position.

On a training ride, this is immaterial, in a Zwift race it can make a big difference.

Can you please change the firmware so that if you stop pedaling for 3 seconds, this information is passed to Zwift, regardless of whether the flywheel is still rotating.

aniki

Re: Zwift Super-Tuck

Postby aniki » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Would this be solved using an external cadence sensor?

Rixter

Postby Rixter » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:26 am

It might, but since I have the Direto I don't want to have to use another sensor

Rixter

Postby Rixter » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:58 am

I received the following response today from Zwift, which I agree with. Since the flywheel is still spinning, the Direto is reporting power output. It's a simple fix whereby you stop reporting power is you're not recording any cadence. I can see that the cadence is Zero, but with the flywheel spinning, the Direto is still reporting power.

Hi Ric,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry about the confusion caused by the previous reply to you.

In order for you to do a super tuck with an Elite Direto, you'll need a dedicated cadence sensor. Since the Direto gives an estimated cadence! I believe it'll be about the only way to do super tucks in zwift with the Direto.

knotuntied

Postby knotuntied » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:07 pm

I believe they have changed the way the super-tuck is activated in Zwift. It is no longer tied to cadence. I have a Direto X and have noticed the same problem as the original poster. In Zwift races it takes very long for the Direto to power down, such that it takes my avatar much longer to go into a supertuck when other avatars (presumably on other trainers) are in the supertuck. It makes going into the supertuck on all but the largest and steepest declines basically impossible with the Direto. This seems like a disadvantage for Direto users in Zwift races... does Elite have a suggestion/solution for this?

Here are the current conditions for supertuck in Zwift:

You must be travelling at least ~36MPH (~58km/hr)
The decline must be at least 3%
Your power output must be below 11 watts

wvddries

Postby wvddries » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 am

Any updates on this? super annoying. Losing positions in races because of this

fernulv

Postby fernulv » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:55 pm

Hello

So the reason for the slow decrease in watts and cadence is due to the flywheel, not the pedals i conclude.

Isn't there a way to break the fly-wheel using some kind of ...........home-made stopper of some sort?

eonderde

Postby eonderde » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:39 pm

I ve got the elite cadence sensor attached to my Direto. And no more problems getting into the super tuck. It is now quite responsive

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”