ELITE Direto VS Tacx Flux (T2900) - What to choose for Zwift?

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

boss992

ELITE Direto VS Tacx Flux (T2900) - What to choose for Zwift?

Postby boss992 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

Hi,

I want to buy a direct drive home trainer next week. And have tested both the Flux and the Direto, but I can simply not decide what to choose - I did not test them with Zwift or anything else, I could only test the feel not the numbers, with made it hard to compare as I could not be sure I was riding the same watts on both.

I have never used a power meter, and I am planing on using the trainer during the winter so I am I good shape when spring arrives. It is also my first home trainer experience.

The Direto is 20% more expensive than the Flux with the offers I got. But if it is much better I don't mind spending a little extra.

The Kickr Core is too expensive, as well is the Flux 2 - So it is only these two models in question.

What would you choose and why?

Graham1426

Re: ELITE Direto VS Tacx Flux (T2900) - What to choose for Zwift?

Postby Graham1426 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:22 am

Hi
I recently purchased the Direto 2, claimed accuracy is within 2% of wattage output.

I have been using it with Zwift on Apple TV 4K, and can honestly say connection via bluetooth is seamless i also run a BT hrm.

The road feel of the Direto is also very good in my opinion, reaction to gradient changes within Zwift is also very good, overall for £550 it's a lot of trainer for money.

Cant comment on the Flux as i have never tried one.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”