Elite Direto regulates resistance even if Erg mode is off in Zwift!

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

maximilian.krause

Elite Direto regulates resistance even if Erg mode is off in Zwift!

Postby maximilian.krause » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:01 am

Dear Elite community and support.

I am riding on a 2year old Elite Direto since a month. I pair to Zwift via Bluetooth on an Apple iPad Pro.

I read that Elite Direto might have problems with Zwift.
I DO NOT have the problem that there is NO resistance or resistance change during Zwift.
I DO have the problem that Direto over-shoots resistance upon gradient inclines on hills for 1-2 seconds and under-shoots when gradient declines. But I can live with that problem.
This is obviously a communication delay PLUS a misregulated resistance from the trainer.

BUT now I wanted to make an FTP test in Zwift.
While in the beginning of the workout until the FTP section all is fine, during the FTP test, there is an annoying bug.
The FTP session should be without resistance changes, thus without Erg mode. Yet while I pedal smoothly, there is a constant small change in resistance. It is 1-2sec just a bit up, then 1-2sec just a bit down and so on. That is very frustrating during a test. I ride on what I think I can hold for 20min, then the resistance (on same rhythm) drives me over that, giving me pain in my legs. Next is it goes down and my legs get a rest while I do not achieve my threshold value. And so on… I had to stop the test because I cannot hold this for more than 5min…

So I went switched off the trainer, on again, paired new, calibrated both in Zwift and in myETraining app from Elite. I also tried changing the “power smoothening” between 5 and 1. Nothing helped

I then went back to Zwift and switched off the “steerable trainer” to drive it as “dumb trainer” and regulate watts myself.
Strange thing: It happened again! Even in a block before where I should hold wattage for 2min over my FTP, there was a constant change in resistance.
I could see that on the wattage output as well…

Any tipps on what I could try?

Thanks!

moltoviaxx

Re: Elite Direto regulates resistance even if Erg mode is off in Zwift!

Postby moltoviaxx » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Folks - today I booted up in a different sequence and it all worked. Trainer first, connects to laptop via ant+. Variable resistance works. Then companion app on phone with bluetooth connecting to bluetooth hrm. On settings screen then connect to hrm. All worked for me in this sequence both last night and today for the whole ride.
[/size]I had previously been waking up the trainer last as I didn’t want my hrm to connect to it. I think this is not an issue as you have to manually connect the Elite Direto to the hrm via their app.

I’m not saying this is the solution, only that it’s the only thing I have changed and it seems to work

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

maximilian.krause

Postby maximilian.krause » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:14 pm

Did you connect before with ANT as well?

I connect with Bluetooth. I read from several people that NOT USING Bluetooth changed the issue. I am still waiting for ANT adapter for my iPad. But so far I cannot test it.

maximilian.krause

Postby maximilian.krause » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:16 am

Hi Elite Support and others. Could that be causing the problem??

So I've been reading lots today on the Elite Direto. It seems that the flywheel magnets are what causes this issue. It is very sensitive to changes in cadence and the magnets shift to keep the flywheel spinning smoothly. This gives you that oscillating resistance feeling that you are describing. There's technically nothing wrong with the trainer, it's more of a matter of how to deal with it so that you feel it less.
Having a separate cadence sensor will improve your experience.
Keeping the flywheel speed up will decrease the oscillation resistance that you are feeling. Smooth cadence increases and power changes will probably work best.

horsev

Postby horsev » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:23 am

moltoviaxx wrote:Folks - today I booted up in a different sequence and it all worked. Trainer first, connects to laptop via ant+. Variable resistance works. Then companion app on phone with bluetooth connecting to bluetooth hrm. On settings screen then connect to hrm. All worked for me in this sequence both last night and today for the whole ride.
[/size]I had previously been waking up the trainer last as I didn’t want my hrm to connect to it. I think this is not an issue as you have to manually connect the Elite Direto to the hrm via their app.

I’m not saying this is the solution, only that it’s the only thing I have changed and it seems to work

https://19216811-login.info/

Thank you man

EmrickJack

Postby EmrickJack » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:09 pm

8-) Hello Everybody 8-)

maximilian.krause wrote:Hi Elite Support and others. Could that be causing the problem??

So I've been reading lots today on the Elite Direto. It seems that the flywheel magnets are what causes this issue. It is very sensitive to changes in cadence and the magnets shift to keep the flywheel spinning smoothly. This gives you that oscillating resistance feeling that you are describing. There's technically nothing wrong with the trainer, it's more of a matter of how to deal with it so that you feel it less.
Having a separate cadence sensor will improve your experience.
Keeping the flywheel speed up will decrease the oscillation resistance that you are feeling. Smooth cadence increases and power changes will probably work best.

Thanks Dear

krishi

Postby krishi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:02 am

thank you so much for visit
http://customers-surveys.info/

krishi

Postby krishi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:35 am

customer survey provide information
nice post

http://customers-surveys.info/

charmi89

nbiclearancecom

Postby charmi89 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 am

I read that Elite Direto might have problems with Zwift.
I DO NOT have the problem that there is NO resistance or resistance change during Zwift.
It such a great site
https://www-nbiclearancecom.com/

charmi89

Postby charmi89 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 am

You need to get maximum resistance power with the market today Smart ... are these updates worth spending the same goal as a smart bike frame. ... Hallo, Elite Direto packs in de ManuGG par Rien à retirer votre puissance avec chaque cassette. ... Elite, the NEO Smart is a responsive ERG mode and analyse du coup de .My resolution of doing something, even if it's not the full scheduled workout has ... more watts, learn to be a better bike ride With the electromagnetic resistance
https://customersurveyinfo.com

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”