Direto ERG resistance assist not working

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

nmckethen

Direto ERG resistance assist not working

Postby nmckethen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:34 am

I'm new to the smart trainer world and to this forum. I've enjoyed 3-4 months of Direto training through trainerroad software programming. My setup includes a microsoft surface pro linked to a USB dongle. Wahoo ticr HR strap. 2x10 MTB drivetrain. While reviewing my ride analytics in comparison to other friends who are using ERG functionality, I've noticed how controlled their power is compared to mine. Then began researching the resistance control further. Now I've realized that through the past 3-4 months all the work I put into gear changing and pumping up/down cadence to hit target power is unnecessary IF the ERG is working correctly.

While realizing this functionality issue on my Direto, I switched from 2x10 drivetrain to 1x11 which made holding power near impossible without super high cadence! I've got an email in to Elite tech but the two day auto response time has me worried. I did email them a custom workout build showing time/power repeats. Power and cadence in my case during this custom test workout remain flat, while missing the target wattage due to Direto not adjusting resistance like it should.

Race season is approaching and Montana is still pummeled with deep snow! Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by nmckethen on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmckethen

Re: Direto auto resistance function not working

Postby nmckethen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:22 am

Response from ELITE srl was to pull the four screws off of the plastic panel that covers the circuit board. This being on the non-drive side of the trainer. Plastic cover comes off easily and then you will see access to circuit board and small resistance adjustment motor. Unplug power cord. Then plug in power cord while watching to see if the motor adjustment bolt moves, which it should automatically every time the trainer is powered up. When the bolt rotates it changes the resistance up or down. In my case the bolt and motor didn't kick on.

If the motor doesn't kick on, they suggest manually rotating the bolt while trainer is unplugged. Then, after rotating bolt, plugging in trainer to see if this process re-sets the motor. In my case the motor is still not functioning. ELITE srl requested a video of this process of the motor not working. I sent it and am hoping for a quick remedy! It's sounding like the process isn't going to be a speedy one. Hope this helps some of you out. I'll let you know the outcome. It looks like there are a lot of resistance ERG issues occurring with the Direto trainers. Hopefully ELITE's 2-year warranty on covers this type of defective problem.
Attachments
Direto computer board and resistance motor.jpg
Direto computer board and resistance motor.jpg (244.67 KiB) Viewed 6315 times

cafiwudik

Re: Direto ERG resistance assist not working

Postby cafiwudik » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:53 am

A leering feature and factor is mentioned for the struggle of the future times. All the visits of the https://edubirdie.org/ are mentioned for the candidates. It is conceived for the full strength of the pertinent use of the offers for the individuals.

Flynn

Postby Flynn » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:12 pm

First off, we have to make it clear that neither the mercury mastercard login corporation nor Visa company issues any of the cards made in their names.

fitnessdoughnut

Postby fitnessdoughnut » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:49 am

Has this been resolved? I'm experiencing the same problem. What's the most effective method of communicating with Elite for service? I've already sent 2 emails through the website.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”