Cannot calibrate Direto trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

marcus.fellowes

Cannot calibrate Direto trainers

Postby marcus.fellowes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:54 am

I now have 2 Direto trainers, after upgrading from the dreaded flux....

I'm unable to calibrate either of them, never have... I googled and youtubed all relevant info and still nothing...

Although they are uncalibrated they both still work on zwift and seem to give good/correct numbers, but I still need to calibrate them.

When I go through the process of calibration on the myelite training app (tried on 3 different android devices and 2 different trainers) I only get to the 'please start to pedal' and it never changes from that... even after 20mins of constant pedalling... and yes I've warmed up for at least 10mins beforehand... it's as if the app doesn't recognise when the pedalling starts... which is strange as zwift does register this input.

Please help, getting slightly frustrated, and more so considering I've sent an email to elite a couple of weeks ago regarding this, and got absolutely no response :(

Marcus

marcus.fellowes

Re: Cannot calibrate Direto trainers

Postby marcus.fellowes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:24 am

Cancel that request... I have achieved calibration on both trainers now... it appears that turning off all other bluetooth devices in the house allows a calibration to occur. Hope this helps someone else. :D

marcus.fellowes

Postby marcus.fellowes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:02 am

Ok Next issue.....

trainer 1 (used for 1 month) has a sticker value of 6869 and actual is 6860 which is -9

trainer 2 (brand new out of the box) has a sticker value of 6281 and actual is 6288 which is +7

Do you recommend belt adjustment? If so it definitely isn't a hex/allen key bolt...not sure what tool to use for this type of adjustment bolt, never seen a bolt like it.

Marcus

jack

Postby jack » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Marcus, it is definitely a single allen key for both the lock bolt (side of the unit) and the belt adjustment (top of the unit). I recommend using long handled allen keys.

The specifications state that you should be within +-5 from the calibration printed on the sticker. Both of yours are outside of this.

Elite want you to contact them via the normal support email address to get help with this as it is easy to damage the unit.

However, you will find you tube videos the show how to do the calibration, and early manuals incuded written instructions.

I can tell you that adjustment is fiddly and when you tighen up the lock nut the calibration number changes (mine was reduced by 2). I strongly advise you to do this both very slowly (1/2 a turn each time)and carefully.

Jack

marcus.fellowes

Postby marcus.fellowes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Thx for the response

Will await contact from Elite regarding this.

Positive it's not a normal allen key.... maybe they've changed the tool required to stop people adjusting it themselves in the latest models?

I just googled and it appears to be what's called a 'security hex' bolt head. Made to stop tampering for people who don't have the corresponding tool.

marcus.fellowes

Postby marcus.fellowes » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 am

marcus.fellowes wrote:
Positive it's not a normal allen key.... maybe they've changed the tool required to stop people adjusting it themselves in the latest models?

I just googled and it appears to be what's called a 'security hex' bolt head. Made to stop tampering for people who don't have the corresponding tool.

OK, I'm an idiot, my 13yr old son with better eye sight than me just proved it is a standard 5mm allen/hex key.... time to get my eyes checked I think :shock: :shock:

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”