Accuracy of Direto

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

trevorgan

Accuracy of Direto

Postby trevorgan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:48 pm

New to the forum and used my Elite Direto for the first time today. What I noticed was the power was out by as much as 20w compared with my power meter (Power2Max) over a Bluetooth connection, but when I switched to ANT+, the readings were equal. Same with cadence. Would I be correct to assume ANT+ is the more accurate method to use? I also noticed that speed and power is way off and my ride under by as much as 10km. Is this normal in ERG mode? First time use of a direct drive trainer. First impressions are good.

kellyjones0914

Re: Accuracy of Direto

Postby kellyjones0914 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:23 pm

I unfortunately have been experiencing vast power differences regardless of what connection I use. After reading through these forums I am regretting switching from Wahoo. My power reading are almost 50% less than my Stages. The higher my watts go the bigger the difference. Having used power meters for some type on different types of bikes, I have an idea of what power feels like and this trainer is not correct. To make matters worse, I have had a support ticket open since 2/11/19 and do not have a solution.

Elite Admin S

Re: Accuracy of Direto

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:46 pm

@trevorgan,

power value is the same, independently if you use ant+ or bluetooth.
Do a calibration (and remember to do a 10 minutes warm up before running it) and check the offset.
Also, remember that the trainer measure power on the hub and your power sensor on the crank (this can add up to a 5% error!)
If you still think that the difference is too high, please contact the customer care. The guys there will check the data to verify if all works properly or not.

@kellyjones0914
50% is far too much! Definitely there must be something wrong.
Contact the customer care as you already told (strange you didn't get an answer, did you check on your spam folder?)

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”