Continued issues with Direto and Zwift

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jever98

Continued issues with Direto and Zwift

Postby jever98 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Hello,

I keep having issues with my Direto and Zwift: If I connect the Direto to Zwift (BT or ANT+, result is the same), the resistance is very high and goes up and down. On a flat road, it will force me up to 400w, release, force up, etc. I cannot ride in Zwift with resistance control. As a result, I use the Direto in level mode (level 3), controlled by my Wahoo Elemnt, and use my power2max power meter for power data.

This did not use to be the case: initially, everything worked fine (Nov to Dec 2018) - I was able to ride courses and do workouts in ERG or level mode. Then, I had a phase where there was too little resistance (spinning out on the flat: 52-11, >100rpm, <300w). Now the resistance is high and random.

It seems that I am not the only one with these issues, there is a topic on the Zwift forums, too: https://forums.zwift.com/t/current-issu ... s/27492/32

Can you please help? I am really lost for how to fix this!

Settings:
- Zwift on Win10, latest version
- ANT+ dongle - works fine, no data drops
- Direto connected under FE-C profile for controllable trainer
- I tried to set the circumference in MyETraining on Android and Windows as 2086, but the app shows 173
- I also have

Other symptoms:
- If I try to do a spin down calibration in Zwift, the speed stays at 3kph, even if I sprint in 52-11.
- The trainer resistance is correct in Wahoo Elemnt if I go to "level" mode. If I go to "passive" mode, it starts pulsing, even when NOT connected to Zwift
- There is a difference of about 20w (relatively constant) between my power meter and Direto reading - it seems to be only when used in Zwift

tycho_mx

Re: Continued issues with Direto and Zwift

Postby tycho_mx » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:10 am

Hello,

I'm curious about this as well - but with The Sufferfest.

I am unable to use the Direto XR in ERG mode - resistance in W specified by either a Mac Laptop, iOS app, or a variety of head units. In any of these cases the resistance will skyrocket and basically become unusable.

Specifically, see the thread here:

https://forums.zwift.com/t/current-issu ... s/27492/79

So - what is the best way to set up an Elite Direto for Zwift and/or Sufferfest and/or a training plan via Garmin or another head unit?

Thanks,

Rod Diaz.

emreertuna

Re: Continued issues with Direto and Zwift

Postby emreertuna » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Hey! I have the same problem and can't find a solution online. Submitted ticket to both elite and zwift but no answers yet. Did you find any solution? If yes can you please share? Thanks!

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”