Direto giving very high power readings

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

peowpeowpeowlasers

Direto giving very high power readings

Postby peowpeowpeowlasers » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi all, I last used my Direto last April. No issues at all. Weather got better so I left it in the corner of my bedroom and haven't used it since, until today.

I connected it to Zwift and started training and all appeared normal at cruising speeds of under 20mph. But when I'm in a big gear pushing a high speed, the power spikes to well over 2000W. Zwift actually warned me that my equipment isn't set up correctly.

I've tried to calibrate it using the phone app, but that hasn't changed anything. The resistance works fine.

Any clues?

peowpeowpeowlasers

Re: Direto giving very high power readings

Postby peowpeowpeowlasers » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:37 am

I did a few experiments. Tried it on the windows myEtraining application, with a bluetooth connection, and an ant+ connection. And I tried it using the mobile phone app too, over bluetooth, just to rule out any problems with my Windows PC.

At about 18-20.5 mph the power meter goes crazy, spiking to up to 4000W. Above and below those speeds it seems fine. So the trainer looks to be faulty.

How do I go about returning it? And considering the weight, postage will be very expensive. Will Elite recompense me for this?

peowpeowpeowlasers

Postby peowpeowpeowlasers » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:41 am

direto power fault.jpg
direto power fault.jpg (180.96 KiB) Viewed 6371 times

peowpeowpeowlasers

Postby peowpeowpeowlasers » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Quick update, I contacted the retailer who asked me first to speak to Elite to see if they knew what the problem is. Elite suggest it's a mechanical fault, so the retailer is collecting it free of charge to deal with.

MerlinDi2

Postby MerlinDi2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Slightly off topic, but how did you contact Elite?
I've made posts on this forum, but none of them have appeared here, and I've also emailed support a couple of times, but after some weeks I've still not had a response about my (different to yours) issue. I can't find a phone number for them.

haigh.ian

Postby haigh.ian » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:07 am

I have the same problem, all good until I took the bike off and put it back on the trainer today... since then power readings have been crazy high and all over the place (900-4000w).
Were you actually told what the problem was? Were there any checks they asked you do do?

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”